Strange Thing ! is it From VGA or Game it Self ?

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Hi again , I Bought New MSI 6870 Twinfrozr 2 ( 920Mhz ,1050)

ames Run Very Great , NO LAG , MAXEDOUT !.

i was Running GTA LC , that i saw that Edges of everything is Crapy , But game was Maxedout , so i Came out & went for CATALYST Control center , & i Increased all Options that would Make Appearance Looks better , but when i went back to Game , i Experienced a Lags

I just wanna know , is that crapy Edges ( image the Game with low AA ! ) From Game ? or its From ATI cards ?

Because Nvidia Cards support Physx, more AA ( in Crysis ) ,CUDA

I just wanna know if its From the Card or from GAME it Self ! ?

I have no Problem with Rest of the Games, only GTA Liberty City & little Bit Crysis , trees & walls Edges are , howmi can say , BAD not Smooth ! just like the Mouth of this Guy :cry: !

Well without a screen shot its hard to say for sure but i was involved in a study group that concentrated on image quality and the GTA games were amongst the worst for the kind of Jaggy AA issues it seems your describing. So i would say its the game itself. Also you say its just that and Crysis. if it was the card it would do it all the time.

Mactronix :)

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Crysis is fine , just a Little bit , very Little

i maxed out Crysis Warhead ion my 9600GT it was so lagy but AA was great , objects Edges was smoot , but now even on 8x i can see a little ( very Little ) crapy Edges !

Some games will work/perform better on Nvidia hardware and some will work better on ATI/AMD hardware.
Depends which team helped develop the game. TWIMTBP is the nvidia program. It stands for, The Way Its Meant To Be Played. So if you see a title with that on it you know its going to work well with Nvidia hardware.

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Work well means work faster , i am talking about QUALITY ?

ok lest ask my Question Little Bit Differente

imagine Crysis Warhead MAXedout on Both ATI 6870 & GTX 460 !

They both can run it Fine ( fast )

Question : which one will Produce Better Image Quality ? Higher Details ? higher Texture , AA , Tess &... ???

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Since your Answering my Question , & no body answers this ONE ! then can i ask you MR VETERAN ?

I have Phenom 955 BE ( as i said ) stock fan is Loud ( specialy while gaming)
Now i am looking for Great Replacement , I want it To 1.RUN MUCH QUITER 2.help reduce more Temp

now which one is Best ? COOLing/Noise ! both are so Important

COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus or TOWER 120 EXTREME or Fan (core_contct_freezer120)

Need a picture ? i can give you the Source Site ! can you Help me bro ? Plz

Try reading what Im posting my friend, Im talking about Quality as well. A lot of it depends on how well optimised the game is for the hardware you have, like TWIMTBP. Its not about speed its about the game being optimised to work with the hardware properly.

As far as which cooling solution to use, I suggest you look up review for the various coolers you are interested in. make sure they are available to fit your motherboard and that they will fit in your case, some of them are pretty big.

I will take a look and post back what i can find.

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
My case is Green X3 , maybe that will help , its Mid Tower , my ATI 6870 Twinfrozr Easily fits in it ! OK many of the Games Optimized for Nvidia & not ATI , so i have to Lose Many of QUalities that I expected to get by Changing my old 9600GT to new ATI 6870 ?

I wish i wont Notice the Difference because i realy Love my ATI 6870 ! I lost PhysX till now i dont wanna Lose anymore !

I have had a look on the Internet at the coolers you asked about and i would say that the COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus would be plenty for your needs.

ATI and Nvidia go about doing the AA etc differantly and it may be that you have yet to find th esettings that most closley match what you had with Nvidia.

Try a new thread asking what settings people are using to get better image quality when using a 6870. I know there are a lot of different variations of which filters to use so it could be possible that you are not using the best combination of options.

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Oh i Have a Problem , i dont know if its problem or Not ! All of the Games till now Would RUN 100% Fast , even GTA LC Maxedout , now i Instaklled Crysis Warhead & aa8x at 1440Res ( because my Monitor is 1440 )

& do you remember the Level that you Should mark the Ship & call air Strike & then go for Tank Level ? when i try to Move the Mouse While lookign at the Base , its Little Lagy !

I tought ATI 6870 IS Much more than Enough for 1440 Res ? is this CPU ( phenom 955 BE ) bottleneck or its VGA it Self ?

Because i realy dont Expect any Lag since i have Great Specs for 1440 Res Monitor !

Whats the Cause of this ? I should Say that Crysis ran on over 30 FPS ! (with Fraps ) ! is it Fine ? isnt My CPU Low for GPU ?

I dont know what realy Cause Lag , i tried reduce aa to OFF but nothing changed game was running reat but WHile Looking at Base it Was Laggy . but away my CPU is Running Hot ( i think , because i look trought the case & Green LED was showing 50 Number ! i think its CPU temp ! its geting Louad while Gaming !

hcg

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus , i heard of it ! thy say its Great , does it Run so COol & QUIET ! because I wanna 1. Kill the Noise of My CPU ( specialy When Loaded ) 2. Cool down CPU to higher FPS & Performance !

I am not OC or CF . just wanna see my CPU run SO COOL & SO QUIET !

is that Fan fine ? what about these ?

TOWER 120 EXTREME
Fan (core_contct_freezer120)

is thermalright MUX-120 or Scythe Mugen-2 Rev.B more expensive than the Cooler that you Mentioned ? because Cooler MAster + is almost max i can pay for Cooler , tuniq Tower too !