Closed Solved

Changing mobo need advice!!!!

Hi all

I have an ASUS P8P67-M and the ASUS GTX 580 DirectCUII, who has this board knows that is huge and my board is microatx, so the SATAIII ports are obstrcuted by the VGA, i want to change my board but i dont have much budget right now, i can sell my board for 115 in my county and is cheap i get for 138 dollars and only has 2 months of use, no OC just stock settings.

My question is ECS or BIOSTAR are in the game with this 1155 socket? and worsth change to Z77 chipset instead P67? i cant go higer in prices so i need to see the option of getting somthing very cheap, i don't care much about SLI but if i can get one will be better

I can get this two cheap boards in my country

ECS P67H2-A2 or Biostar Tz77xe3

I really want to stay with ASUS but the ATX boards are too high on prices so i need to do the smartest move here.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about changing mobo advice
  1. Your mobo should be compatible with the CPU that you already own.What's your CPU? If you let us know your CPU, some one would try and recommend a compatible mobo to suit your budget.

In the mean time, please read this link for the latest round of motherboard review

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/z77-extreme6-z77a-gd65-z77h2-a2x,review-32434.html
  2. i have the 2600k CPU, the problem is the SATAIII ports
  3. Why you wanna change board if for IB [IVY BRIDGE INTEL 3RD GEN] PROCESSOR then dont do it :)
    Just upgrade you bios and you able to IB.

For Flash/Upgrade BIOS put SB [ 2ND GEN PROCESSOR ] inside your mobo then flash it with latest BIOS [ Take BIOS backup before flash new ] after that put your new IB :)
  4. SATA 3 is for HDD
    SATA 6 is for SSD
    There's no difference until you have SSD
  5. i repeat again, the problem is not the CPU or the BIOS the problem is the SATAIII ports, the tri-slot ASUS gtx 580 obstruct them and i can olny use SATAII ports i need SATAIII for the SSD SATAIII disc drive, nothing else
  6. sata II 3.0, sata III 6.0 i know that i have one SSD SATA III already
  7. Best answer
    www.tomshardware.com/reviews/p67-motherboard-roundup-lga-1155-sandy-bridge,2837.html
  8. www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0371606

on new egg

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138319
  9. i think i go with the ECS time before they eas trash but i think they now are in the right way, im not an OC fan, i'll gonna do somo OC but just small one 4.0Ghz and 1600Mhz max i thinkm thanks dude
  10. Best answer selected by jenkas.
  11. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus