Changing mobo need advice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Hi all

I have an ASUS P8P67-M and the ASUS GTX 580 DirectCUII, who has this board knows that is huge and my board is microatx, so the SATAIII ports are obstrcuted by the VGA, i want to change my board but i dont have much budget right now, i can sell my board for 115 in my county and is cheap i get for 138 dollars and only has 2 months of use, no OC just stock settings.

My question is ECS or BIOSTAR are in the game with this 1155 socket? and worsth change to Z77 chipset instead P67? i cant go higer in prices so i need to see the option of getting somthing very cheap, i don't care much about SLI but if i can get one will be better

I can get this two cheap boards in my country

ECS P67H2-A2 or Biostar Tz77xe3

I really want to stay with ASUS but the ATX boards are too high on prices so i need to do the smartest move here.

THE UNKNOWN

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Why you wanna change board if for IB [IVY BRIDGE INTEL 3RD GEN] PROCESSOR then dont do it :)
Just upgrade you bios and you able to IB.

For Flash/Upgrade BIOS put SB [ 2ND GEN PROCESSOR ] inside your mobo then flash it with latest BIOS [ Take BIOS backup before flash new ] after that put your new IB :)

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
i repeat again, the problem is not the CPU or the BIOS the problem is the SATAIII ports, the tri-slot ASUS gtx 580 obstruct them and i can olny use SATAII ports i need SATAIII for the SSD SATAIII disc drive, nothing else

jenkas

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
i think i go with the ECS time before they eas trash but i think they now are in the right way, im not an OC fan, i'll gonna do somo OC but just small one 4.0Ghz and 1600Mhz max i thinkm thanks dude

Status
Not open for further replies.