Cannot enter bios (blue screen) on Gigabyte z77-ud3h.

vaporif

Honorable
May 7, 2012
Everything works fine with one exception - entering bios results in blue screen and freezing. Indicator shows A6 - "detect and install all currently connected SCSI". I don't have scsi controller, tried unplugging hdd's, clearing cmos, upgrading bios and nothing helps. Also there's no splash screen or info about video card.
Any thoughts?

It is impossible for the computer to Blue Screen while entering the BIOS, since a Blue Screen is a windows crash, and the BIOS is accessed before windows even begins loading.

Are you sure you are accessing the BIOS?

vaporif

Honorable
May 7, 2012

i5 2500k,
Geil 16gb ddr3 1700,
gigabyte 560
Thermaltake 750W

Pre-LED Apple Cinema HD

I've managed to access bios by unplugging video card and using built-in gpu from cpu. But it's still barely readable - i've got multiple graphical artifacts and bios is drawn only in the upper left corner of display. And indicator still shows A6 message, so probably there was no input lock when accessing bios.
I think problem comes from this so-called "3d bios" that is somewhat new to Gigabyte.

bash2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010

Did you fix this problem i have same issue. Bios only shows Gigabyte-UEFI DualBIOS screen only and donnt see anything but blank blue screen.

chasm

Honorable
May 15, 2012
I had the same issue - even to the point of getting a replacement mobo.
I am using the GA-Z77X-UD5H.

Without an OS in place - with my Apple monitor (I have the 23" Cinema HD from ~2006) won't render the BIOS properly.

It was resolved by borrowing another monitor.

Note that the Apple monitor works fine once I have an OS installed - it is only an issue for the BIOS. Once I have windows 7 going and updated the video card drivers (gigabyte ATI 6850) - it is all of a sudden a non-issue.

Also, the code you are most likely seeing is "Ab" which is the code it uses when waiting on user input at the BIOS config screen.

psx

Distinguished
May 25, 2012

I've had similar issues, but only after enabling the iGPU. Flashing bios back to defaults and disabling iGPU resolved the blue screens, but I still can't get into bios menu, and I don't see a splash screen; instead I have to hook up a Samsung LCD TV, which doesn't have these issues. The VGA_LED on the motherboard also stays lit whenever I have the Cinema HD plugged in. The Cinema HD displays are known for having a rather limited number of supported display modes, could that be it?

Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Asus nVidia GTX 560 448 cores
Cinema HD, connected to one DVI on my GTX 560
Samsung ... something, don't know the model, tried both HDMI and DVI on the GTX 560

PS

nhaizancleric

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
I've GTX 560 448 cores and Gigabyte Z77 board, Samsun monitor...
Same issue I have. I'm getting A6 error and and not able to see anything on the monitor.
I've tried build in VGA port and HDMI/DVI ports on the graphics card. Nothing comes op on the monitor. Have you fixed your problem? Any ideas?

Yildirim

micronaut

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
I have the same problem with this board and an Apple cinema display. The same problem has been replicated here too:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1252984/my-gigabyte-ga-z77mx-d3h-has-some-serious-bios-issues

I believe it's something to do with the 3D bios screen resolution and the limited display range of the Apple monitor but I don't have another monitor to test it with at the moment unfortunately.

I've contacted Gigabyte UK to see if they have any information.