Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Any opinions ?

Last response: in Systems
May 25, 2011 3:15:22 PM

hi guys ,first wanna thank the cumminity for my privious build :) 

this one is for my room mate:

which one do you think is better or do you want to give me suggestions, especialy on graphics card and motherboard:

system (1) :

MSI GD53 B3 P67
I5 2500K
2x SAPPHIER HD5830 Xtream
8 GB OF RAM (G-SKILL 1600MHZ)
SEASONIC 750W
HAF 942X
2x 500GB WESTERN DIGITAL H.D.D
Thermalright Cogage True Spirit

system (2) :

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
I5 2500K
MSI GTX560 TI TWIN FROZER
SEASONIC 750W
HAF 942X
SilverStone NT06-E Nitrogon + A FAN ON TOP OF IT

the prices are almost the same , which system do you prefer and why? and what is your suggestion to make it better?

thank you:) 

More about : opinions

Related resources
May 25, 2011 4:36:04 PM

Can you get one with a single HD 6950 or 6970 or GTX 570?
May 25, 2011 5:28:52 PM

mosox said:
Can you get one with a single HD 6950 or 6970 or GTX 570?

i think not because i can spend maximum: 400dollars...and in turkey:

ZOTAC GeForce GTX 570 AMP, 1280 MB, GDDR5, 320 Bit -----------516 dollars
ASUS EAH6970/2DI2S/2GD5, HD6970, 2 GB, GDDR5, 256 Bit-------520 dollars
May 26, 2011 7:28:44 AM

siyamand said:
hi guys ,first wanna thank the cumminity for my privious build :) 

this one is for my room mate:

which one do you think is better or do you want to give me suggestions, especialy on graphics card and motherboard:

system (1) :

MSI GD53 B3 P67
I5 2500K
2x SAPPHIER HD5830 Xtream
SEASONIC 750W
HAF 942X
Thermalright Cogage True Spirit

system (2) :

ASUS SABERTOOTH P67
I5 2500K
MSI GTX560 TI TWIN FROZER
SEASONIC 750W
HAF 942X
SilverStone NT06-E Nitrogon + A FAN ON TOP OF IT

the prices are almost the same , which system do you prefer and why? and what is your suggestion to make it better?

thank you:) 

I would avoid the Sabertooth and go with the Asus Pro 67 or P867 (which is cheaper). The Sabertooth reviews are not as good as the Pro or P867 and they are about equal in cost.

You may be able to get a Corsair 750 HX or a Corsair 750 TX cheaper than the Seasonic and they are both very good PSUs. The Corsair 650 TX is cheaper still and will run GPU.

The 560 Ti is the same cost as an ATI 6950 or an ATI 6850. All three of those cards are much faster than the 5830. If you need a budget card, the ATI 5770 is a good place to start.

I have the HAF X 942 - it is huge. Do you want a full tower? it is also fairly expensive. The Cooler Master 912 is a cheaper mid-tower.

Are you going to run the two 500 gb drives in RAID 1 or RAID 0? If not a 1 TB drive will probably be cheaper. Try the Samsung F3 Spinpoint. Check out Seagate and Western digital and get the cheapest 1 TB card since you are on a budget.
May 26, 2011 7:32:08 AM

Sorry, I did not see the 5830 in crossfire. I think that other people may be able to comment better since I do not have a crossfire setup. The 560 Ti is a solid card as is the 2 GB ATI 6950 if you are going to run a single GPU
May 26, 2011 8:09:56 AM

You can get an ATI HD 6950 from $240 on Newegg, and then mod it to 6970 specs. It will beat the 560ti
May 26, 2011 7:38:41 PM

flong said:
I would avoid the Sabertooth and go with the Asus Pro 67 or P867 (which is cheaper). The Sabertooth reviews are not as good as the Pro or P867 and they are about equal in cost.

You may be able to get a Corsair 750 HX or a Corsair 750 TX cheaper than the Seasonic and they are both very good PSUs. The Corsair 650 TX is cheaper still and will run GPU.

The 560 Ti is the same cost as an ATI 6950 or an ATI 6850. All three of those cards are much faster than the 5830. If you need a budget card, the ATI 5770 is a good place to start.

I have the HAF X 942 - it is huge. Do you want a full tower? it is also fairly expensive. The Cooler Master 912 is a cheaper mid-tower.

Are you going to run the two 500 gb drives in RAID 1 or RAID 0? If not a 1 TB drive will probably be cheaper. Try the Samsung F3 Spinpoint. Check out Seagate and Western digital and get the cheapest 1 TB card since you are on a budget.

so you say i should avoid to buy the sabertooth? but i have friends running it pritty well and they are realy amazed by the abilities of this mobo for O.C and other applications. actually a friend of mine suggested this mobo...could you please tell me some of Cons. for this mobo? or any link that can guide me?

what do you think of MSI GD53 B3?

the reason to buy 2x 500GB H.D.D was to do RAID 0...i dont have much info. about RAID what does it mean? my friend told me and i didnt ask, what is it?

i dicided to buy haf942x to avoid any case change in future a full tower that you can fit in any mobo (as far as the size of mobo is not insane)...but i think you are right ,for sake of spending less i should go with the cooler master....
May 26, 2011 7:47:27 PM

flong said:
Sorry, I did not see the 5830 in crossfire. I think that other people may be able to comment better since I do not have a crossfire setup. The 560 Ti is a solid card as is the 2 GB ATI 6950 if you are going to run a single GPU

i forgot PSU :

is the 650w enough? would be stable? suppose i run SLI of two GTX 560 ti on sabertooth , will the power be enough?
May 26, 2011 7:58:31 PM

siyamand said:
so you say i should avoid to buy the sabertooth? but i have friends running it pritty well and they are realy amazed by the abilities of this mobo for O.C and other applications. actually a friend of mine suggested this mobo...could you please tell me some of Cons. for this mobo? or any link that can guide me?

what do you think of MSI GD53 B3?

the reason to buy 2x 500GB H.D.D was to do RAID 0...i dont have much info. about RAID what does it mean? my friend told me and i didnt ask, what is it?

i dicided to buy haf942x to avoid any case change in future a full tower that you can fit in any mobo (as far as the size of mobo is not insane)...but i think you are right ,for sake of spending less i should go with the cooler master....

The Sabertooth is a good board but the Asus boards that I mentioned above performed better in reviews (not much better). There really is not much difference in all three boards that I mentioned. The Pro and the Sabertooth are about the same price and the P867 is a little less. The Sabertooth has "military class" components and a longer warranty if you are concerned about that. The Pro is the fastest board for overclocking and has gotten great reviews. All three boards are good, get the Sabertooth if you like it.

I am a big fan of Asus motherboards. The MSI motherboards can be good but I do not think that in general they are as good as the Asus boards. But different people think differently on this subject.

The HAF X is a great case, but it is huge. I bought it myself. I also like the Corsair 650D a lot for a mid-tower (smaller) case. It has plenty of room to put whatever you want into it and they are about the same price. It just depends on your budget. If you like the HAF X 942, get it. It is a great cooling case with a lot of great features and you can put all the stuff you can dream of in it. The 650D is worth a look, read some reviews when you google it.

Raid 0 is where you combine two different drives into one drive to improve the speed of those drives. It is a function on Intel motherboards that you can activate in the bios. The positive about Raid 0 is that it makes your drives perform faster together than they would by themselves. The downside is that if one of the drives fail you lose all of your data. I would not recommend Raid 0 unless you have a backup system for your data.
May 26, 2011 8:02:15 PM

For your PSU you can look at the Corsair 750 TX, Corsair 850 TX or if you want to go modular the Corsair 750 HX or 850 HX. I prefer the 850 HX or Corsair 850 TX if you are going to use two GPUs. If you wait for a sale, the 850 HX can be purchased for $120 and it is a great PSU. Its non-sale price usually is $140 - $150
May 26, 2011 9:18:07 PM

flong said:
The Sabertooth is a good board but the Asus boards that I mentioned above performed better in reviews (not much better). There really is not much difference in all three boards that I mentioned. The Pro and the Sabertooth are about the same price and the P867 is a little less. The Sabertooth has "military class" components and a longer warranty if you are concerned about that. The Pro is the fastest board for overclocking and has gotten great reviews. All three boards are good, get the Sabertooth if you like it.

I am a big fan of Asus motherboards. The MSI motherboards can be good but I do not think that in general they are as good as the Asus boards. But different people think differently on this subject.

The HAF X is a great case, but it is huge. I bought it myself. I also like the Corsair 650D a lot for a mid-tower (smaller) case. It has plenty of room to put whatever you want into it and they are about the same price. It just depends on your budget. If you like the HAF X 942, get it. It is a great cooling case with a lot of great features and you can put all the stuff you can dream of in it. The 650D is worth a look, read some reviews when you google it.

Raid 0 is where you combine two different drives into one drive to improve the speed of those drives. It is a function on Intel motherboards that you can activate in the bios. The positive about Raid 0 is that it makes your drives perform faster together than they would by themselves. The downside is that if one of the drives fail you lose all of your data. I would not recommend Raid 0 unless you have a backup system for your data.

which one you would choose ?

1.asus sabertooth
2.asus p67 pro
3.asus p67 deluxe

and what is RAID 1?
May 26, 2011 9:19:12 PM

flong said:
For your PSU you can look at the Corsair 750 TX, Corsair 850 TX or if you want to go modular the Corsair 750 HX or 850 HX. I prefer the 850 HX or Corsair 850 TX if you are going to use two GPUs. If you wait for a sale, the 850 HX can be purchased for $120 and it is a great PSU. Its non-sale price usually is $140 - $150

i think i will go with 850 HX thank you:) 
May 26, 2011 9:44:20 PM

siyamand said:
which one you would choose ?

1.asus sabertooth
2.asus p67 pro
3.asus p67 deluxe

and what is RAID 1?

I like the Asus P67 Pro or the Z68 Pro. If you are just going to game, you don't need a Z68 Motherboard. Any of the above boards are good, but I like the Pro after reading the reviews.

Raid 1 is often called "mirroring" it is when you use one drive to "mirror" or copy another so that if one drive goes down the other will take over and you don't lose any data. It is a great system to protect you from losing your data. It is highly unlikely that two drives will fail at the same time and so installing a Raid 1 system provides a lot of security. It also keeps your system functioning if one of the drives fail. You should also back up your data on an external hard drive or a "cloud" service like Carbonite (there are several).
May 26, 2011 9:46:02 PM

siyamand said:
i think i will go with 850 HX thank you:) 

You won't be sorry, it is one of the highest rated PSUs available and you can get it for bargain prices if you look around. Try newegg and amazon first.
May 26, 2011 10:30:26 PM

flong said:
I like the Asus P67 Pro or the Z68 Pro. If you are just going to game, you don't need a Z68 Motherboard. Any of the above boards are good, but I like the Pro after reading the reviews.

Raid 1 is often called "mirroring" it is when you use one drive to "mirror" or copy another so that if one drive goes down the other will take over and you don't lose any data. It is a great system to protect you from losing your data. It is highly unlikely that two drives will fail at the same time and so installing a Raid 1 system provides a lot of security. It also keeps your system functioning if one of the drives fail. You should also back up your data on an external hard drive or a "cloud" service like Carbonite (there are several).

actualy the purpose is nor just gaming but CAD programs like solid works and catia...

Best solution

May 26, 2011 11:33:37 PM

siyamand said:
actualy the purpose is nor just gaming but CAD programs like solid works and catia...

Hi, it helps if you state what you want to do with the computer. That way people who comment can provide more precise information for you.

I am not familiar with the software that you mention but for CAD in general and heavy math oriented software you might want to consider the 2600K chip which supports hyper threading. It costs about $100 more than the 2500K.

BTW there is a review on Tom's Hardware of the P67 boards and the Z68 boards that we are talking about. I think it would help you if you would look at those reviews.

It would help also if you list a budget for your computer build. This way people can recommend a system that will better meet your needs. Obviously, if we are recommending a system you cannot afford we are not helping you much.

So far as the system we are talking about now:

1 Case: CM HAF X - $190
2 PSU : Corsair 850 HX - $140 (maybe cheaper on sale)
3 CPU: 2500K $215
4 Mobo: Asus Pro P67 - $180 (or go to the Sabertooth if you prefer it)
Also consider going with the Z68 boards as an option (read the reviews)
5. RAM: Either 2 x 4gb DDR 3 1600 or 1866. Gskil, kingston, Corsair all make good RAM - $100
6. HDD - 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 - $55 (or two 500 GB drives in Raid)
7. Optical drive - $20
8. Cpu cooler - Noctua NH-D14 or CM hyper 212 - $90 or $30
9. GPU - GTX 560 Ti - $250

Right now with the above system you are around $1000.00. Does that work for you? Also, do you have access to on-line computer store websites like Newegg and Amazon?

May 28, 2011 4:18:39 PM

flong said:
Hi, it helps if you state what you want to do with the computer. That way people who comment can provide more precise information for you.

I am not familiar with the software that you mention but for CAD in general and heavy math oriented software you might want to consider the 2600K chip which supports hyper threading. It costs about $100 more than the 2500K.

BTW there is a review on Tom's Hardware of the P67 boards and the Z68 boards that we are talking about. I think it would help you if you would look at those reviews.

It would help also if you list a budget for your computer build. This way people can recommend a system that will better meet your needs. Obviously, if we are recommending a system you cannot afford we are not helping you much.

So far as the system we are talking about now:

1 Case: CM HAF X - $190
2 PSU : Corsair 850 HX - $140 (maybe cheaper on sale)
3 CPU: 2500K $215
4 Mobo: Asus Pro P67 - $180 (or go to the Sabertooth if you prefer it)
Also consider going with the Z68 boards as an option (read the reviews)
5. RAM: Either 2 x 4gb DDR 3 1600 or 1866. Gskil, kingston, Corsair all make good RAM - $100
6. HDD - 1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 - $55 (or two 500 GB drives in Raid)
7. Optical drive - $20
8. Cpu cooler - Noctua NH-D14 or CM hyper 212 - $90 or $30
9. GPU - GTX 560 Ti - $250

Right now with the above system you are around $1000.00. Does that work for you? Also, do you have access to on-line computer store websites like Newegg and Amazon?

ok then thank you i think these parts pretty fit me, but i will also consider the Z68 boards...
June 7, 2011 9:51:14 AM

Best answer selected by siyamand.
!