Sign in with
Your question

WiFi usb adapter Works on one pc and not the other

Last response: in Wireless Networking
November 26, 2010 11:27:38 AM

I have a usb wifi adapter model TL-WN722N and i m currently experiencing problems with my adapter-router connectivity.
I have been using the adapter for about one month now and everything was working fine until for no reason i lost my internet connection ability through my router.

While the adapter seems to be able to connect to the router (i can see other computers through file sharing) i cannot access the internet through it. I have not made any changes to the router. I m using Windows 7 64bit and have installed the latest drivers from the tp link website. I tested the adapter to another pc and it worked fine there (Windows 7 64bit too).
Also, i tried clearing the WINSOCK and ipv4, ipv6 catalogs through cmd and i m still unable to resolve my problem. Even tried to system restore to a day when everything was ok but again no luck. :( 

More about : wifi usb adapter works

November 26, 2010 4:56:22 PM

have you checked for malware?

Try a program call Malwarebytes
November 26, 2010 5:01:15 PM

I havent checked with a malware specific program, but wouldnt the antivirus detect it (kaspersky 2011) when it tried to change a system setting?

Anyway, i ll download malwarebytes and post back with the results...
Related resources
November 26, 2010 5:33:04 PM

Install, update and run it in Save Mode with Network
November 27, 2010 2:55:53 PM

Well i didnt download malwarebytes but i uninstalled/installed the drivers in safe mode and it seems to be working now... Maybe a software conflict? I dont know... Anyway, thank you for your help Emerald!
!