Is my memory good for the setup

ixtlan

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Hello

I'm new to this forums so let me say Hello to everyone. Nice to be here ;)

Few month ago I've bough the following setup:
1. Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz
2. Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 motherboard
3. Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 1024 MB
4. GeIL GVP316GB1600C9QC 16GB ram

After installing my OS the computer keeps on hanging totally at random interval. It's really frustrating. After some analysis I'm inclining towards ram issue. I read that i should set the timings and voltage manually, I did but it haven't helped.
The ram specs can be found here: http://www.geil.com.tw/products/showSpec/id/279

MY question is : is that RAM ok, or maybe i should replace it wit ha better/different ram? If so what would you recommend ?

Thanks a lot !!

if you are suspecting faulty ram downlaod and burn an iso of memtest86, boot from it. it will test your memory, if you get errors then contact geil for a replacement.

ixtlan

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I've already run memtest. There were no errors. The thing is that a lot of people have the same issue. No errors in memtest but the computer still keeps hanging due to the Auto setting for timings of ram in BIOS. They recommend setting those manually. I did that but it has not helped. That is why i'm contemplating ram change.

ixtlan

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I haven't run prime 95, and yes, I've installed the drivers from the CD's and the updated those.

Thanks a thousand times for your help.