Twin Frozr 2 golden vs silver edition?

crazekid362

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Whats the difference between these two coolers besides looks and price? I mean does one perform better than the other. IMO i think the silver one looks better but if the golden one has lower temps than Ill obviously get that one even if its just a little bit more money. Thanks.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
If your talking about a GTX 465 the golden edition has 10 memory chips and can be flashed into a fully functioning GTX 470. Also the golden edition's have a solid copper cooler, it's not just paint. I have no idea what real world difference that makes in temps though.

shrkbay

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
lol if you take it like olympic games then gold is better than silver, but now serious, i've made some research and actually i only saw the GTX 465 having golden edition, i think if it's more expensive then it also should be better in some way, if you 're buying it from some shop maybe they could say you what's the difference :p?

I figured you were probably talking about the new MSI GTX 560 Twin Frozr II "Golden Edition". It looks really cool, but also has a 900 mhz overclock (vs. 880 mhz for the normal version). It is also about $10 more expensive. The regular silver cooler is one of the most effective at keeping temps very, very low. In theory, with a pure copper heatsink, the Golden Edition should be a little better, but I doubt it. For $10 it's probably worth it to find out. In any event, you get that cool looking video card and a higher overclock.