Shining Soul II Comments & Questions (poss Spoiler)

Hi all:

I'm deep into Shining Soul II (think I'm level 29 or 30), and am really
enjoying it.

I like:
- The nice RPG dungeon crawl
- The side-quests
- The fact that you can unlock things on multiple trips through dungeons.
- That listening to NPC's can pay off ...
The game, which I had put away based mainly on the initial look and feel, is
surprisingly good and deep, and is really a lot of fun for a single player
RPG.

I have a couple of questions:
- I've gotten a bunch of 'materials' for the Forge, Mithril and the like,
but don't have a clue what I should put into the forge to get something good
for my fighter. Any clues (trying to avoid walkthroughs as it really isn't
needed).
- Also, I got this 'Temple of Light' ... what do I 'sacrifice' - is it even
worth it?

Finally, by beating Level 8 of the Colloseum, I got a map for a 'Forgotten
Dungeon'. The first level trashed me! In particular there are these 'Gumby'
guys who hit me regularly for 50+, who break my combos and generally mess me
up. Any ideas on these guys?

Thanks,

Mike

> I have a couple of questions: - I've gotten a bunch of 'materials' for
> the Forge, Mithril and the like, but don't have a clue what I should
> put into the forge to get something good for my fighter. Any clues
> (trying to avoid walkthroughs as it really isn't needed). - Also, I
> got this 'Temple of Light' ... what do I 'sacrifice' - is it even
> worth it?

For the detailed answers, it might be best to go get to Shining Soul II
faqs on the GameFaqs Website. They have 'cooking books' for hundreds of
items you can create in the forge, explaining everything through and
through. But I must admit I have not even taken a glimpse myself,
because I want to play through the game without having a walkthrough for
support. Once I beat the game several times I'll go and check for things
I've missed.

But for you, take a look, I think the game won't be spoiled if you did.

It's not real cheat'n anyway.

Jammet

"David Mehrmann" <jammet@tigress.com> wrote in message

> > I have a couple of questions: - I've gotten a bunch of 'materials' for
> > the Forge, Mithril and the like, but don't have a clue what I should
> > put into the forge to get something good for my fighter. Any clues
> > (trying to avoid walkthroughs as it really isn't needed). - Also, I
> > got this 'Temple of Light' ... what do I 'sacrifice' - is it even
> > worth it?
>
> For the detailed answers, it might be best to go get to Shining Soul II
> faqs on the GameFaqs Website. They have 'cooking books' for hundreds of
> items you can create in the forge, explaining everything through and
> through. But I must admit I have not even taken a glimpse myself,
> because I want to play through the game without having a walkthrough for
> support. Once I beat the game several times I'll go and check for things
> I've missed.
>
> But for you, take a look, I think the game won't be spoiled if you did.
>
> It's not real cheat'n anyway.
>
> Jammet

I had been avoiding GameFaqs, but looking there I see that there is a
forging 'cookbook'. I've taken a bit of a look and it is helpful.

Thanks,

Mike