Your question

New build. No startup after windows 7 install

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • New Build
Last response: in Motherboards
May 8, 2012 4:41:04 PM

Hi,

I had recently put together a completely new build. Everything was going well until after installing windows 7. Once I got it up and running I installed a few utilities which I got from the drivers disk for the Gigabyte motherboard. After attempting to run one of the utilities I got the wonderful blue screen stating some sort of error and that it had to be shut down to prevent damage etc etc. After this I was completely unable to load the OS. After trying to run safe mode, repairs and even a windows reinstall unsuccessfully, the system would no longer boot up. The fans would start but no system beep or display on screen. After hunting around for a solution I found that some people had some success with the whole 'clearing cmos' business. I used the two pins on the motherboard to do this as well as removing the battery for a short period of time. This seemed to work with getting as far as BIOS. Despite this I am still unable to load windows or reinstall. I was, however, able to run a windows repair thing which found and apparantly fixed an error but this didn't do a thing. It sometimes wont even get as far as BIOS or will do but won't start windows. A little stuck to say the least!

Any advice?

Build:

Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB SATA 6Gb/s 16MB Cache - OEM (ST500DM002)
AMD Llano A6-3500 2.40GHz (Socket FM1) APU Processor
OcUK Crusade 650W Dual-Rail High Efficiency '80 Plus' Power Supply
Gigabyte A55M-DS2 A55 Chipset (Socket FM1) DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard
Sapphire HD 6450 512MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Samsung SH-D163C/BEBE SATA 16x DVD-ROM (Black) - OEM
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX1333C9D3B1K2/4G)

Cheers

Joe

More about : build startup windows install

a b V Motherboard
May 8, 2012 5:16:23 PM

make sure your sata mode is set to ahci
umm i would try resetting the cmos again..i just take out the battery and unplug the power supply
if the board doesnt even boot to bios then i would contact the manufacturer and try to get a replacement
May 8, 2012 6:48:04 PM

i set it to ahci, it seemed to boot up quicker but has not resolved the problem. I think it may have something to do with Daemon tools. I got a BSOD when attempting to reinstall windows stating Page fault in nonpaged area. searching on the internet reveals this links with Daemon tools. I had just happened to install it when this happened as well. However formatting the harddrive is going to be a problem. I will try putting it in another computer as a slave drive or something.
May 8, 2012 7:26:57 PM

Further to previous, I wiped the harddrive and started a boot up with my windows 7 cd. Another BSOD showed. This one said 'reference by pointer'.

Any ideas??