6 FPS, GTX460, i5-2500K, 8G, No OC, Fresh OP, ?? Crazy? What?

blackacidevil

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hello,

I started noticing that my graphics card or my whole computer began running games awful about 5 days ago when I played GTA4 and I could see the lines in the cars and the textures up close looked like DOOM back in 95. So I tried a few other games and I had the same results, just like brightness up horrible graphics, literally like blocks here and there. Games Far Cry I tried as well and it was just fast fps, but like horrible textures up close, it was totally gross.

I did a clean install of my nvidia drivers, I also tried the beta drivers, reinstalled clean install. Tried updating and getting every VB, C++, .net , runtimes imaginable. Bioshock was crashing and I tried everything to stop it from.

A day ago, I reninstalled Windows 7 (CLEAN install). I downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers again for the GTX460. And used the DVD that MSI gave me for my board. And tried again, and it was worse, GTA4 was 6.45 fps.

When i put the system together before, the graphics were pretty damn amazing and I didnt need to benchmark anything because there wasnt a damn problem.

Windows: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7601.17514
Memory (RAM): 8175 MB
CPU Info: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
CPU Speed: 3288.8 MHz
Sound Card: Speakers (Realtek High Definiti
Display Adapters: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 | RDPDD Chained DD | RDP Encoder Mirror Driver | RDP Reflector Display Driver
Monitors: 2x; HP w2207 Wide LCD Monitor | Dell E228WFP |
Screen Resolution: 1680 X 1050 - 32 bit
Network: Network Present
Network Adapters: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
CD / DVD Drives: G: HL-DT-STDVD-RAM GH10L | H: ELBY CLONEDRIVE
Ports: NOT Present NOT Present
Mouse: 16 Button Wheel Mouse Present
Hard Disks: C: 461.1GB | D: 326.0GB | E: 232.8GB | F: 9.3GB
Hard Disks - Free: C: 52.0GB | D: 27.2GB | E: 131.2GB | F: 1.1GB
USB Controllers: 2 host controllers.
Firewire (1394): Not Detected
Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.
Product Make: MS-7681
AC Power Status: OnLine
BIOS Info: | |
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time
Battery: No Battery
Motherboard: MSI P67A-GD55 (MS-7681)
IP Address: 192.168.0.85 |
MAC Address: 6C-62-6D-A2-C6-A7
Host Name: RHOSYJR-PC
: To be filled by O.E.M.

Nothing has ever been OC'd on the system, I did put it together myself, but Ive been doing this since close to the early 90s. And it was working great before. My temps for CPU and Chasis are never higher than 45 CPU or low 20's chasis.

Im dying to know whats going on, I run my own business doing tech repair/fixing pcs. Ive never seen anything like this. This problem existed with 1 monitor, and I have two monitors now, but ive tried one with same results.

I knows theres crazy GPU, graphics guru's. The parts are about 1 to 2 months old, excellent air, good airflow. HELP

blackacidevil

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply. But the card was working very well. Ive just run benchmarks on it and am in the process of doing more.

I think replacing the card with a working one is a vague solution and one I cant do because I really dont know anyone who has one or even a close one related. The solution is to find some sort of a program that can let me know if its a faulty card.

Im willing to try anything to figure this issue out, so I know what the problem is and if so I ll get in contact with

EVGA

EVGA 460 GTX, Factory OC, 768 MB SE

Just because it WAS working doesn't mean it IS working. :non: The fact that none of your games appear correctly is an indication that something about the board is faulty. :eek: Have you tried removing and re-installing the board to make sure it is making good contact in the slot?

blackacidevil

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2011
The answer for future reference (because I hate it when I read something and it gets solved but the person doesnt say)

is that I took off the case and remember I had put in a couple of hard drives a few days ago. The power was not sufficent to the GPU video card.

Upon researching answers before asking here, I had also read that a guy unplugged his bamboo devices and uninstalled the drivers and then his video card worked again fast.

It should be noted to say the real problem is the USB devices, bamboo or hub or charging up ipods, extra gamepads, etfc all use power consumption that can tip the computer over. A reboot, restart or anything wont help until you remove as many devices that may be eating up your power.

In my case, adding a hard drive, didnt give the GPU enough power, so it resulted in crazy slow fps. And Understandably so.

Its a pity this idiot above is so good with his italic and bold highlighting that completely irritated me, he just didnt give anything remotely helpful.

While this may seem like a simple and maybe stupid answer, thats fine. But Im sure it will help you out or at least you can try these things first.

However if you disagree, follow these next instructions.

For instructions on how you too can use BOLD, ITALIC and UNDERLINES and while being the biggest loser , here is a link
http://www.querycat.com/question/8b2b9bb8b8fc332c06416a5320111b74

and also you can one up on everyone else by using special characters and picking a totally rad screen name and learn how to type uber

http://www.sherv.net/weird-text-maker-news-44.html