Power on/no boot or beep

sywren

Honorable
May 8, 2012
This is a 2 year old E-Machines prebuilt. Was working fine in the evening and was left on overnight with the monitor turned off. When the monitor was turned on the next day there was no signal to the monitor. I first tried 2 different monitors as well as a different VGA cable. No signal. Turned PC off and back on, no system beep, everything powers up (it seemed to power up weakly at first, fans weren't spinning very fast and it shut itself off a few times until I reset the CMOS, now it starts up strongly but no display).

So far I've reset all the connections, minus pulling the CPU, reset the CMOS, attempted to boot after switching RAM around (1 stick, 2 sticks, no sticks, alternate slots ect.) It let out one constant beep when turned on with no RAM until I manually turned off the system.

Based on the troubleshooting tips I've been through at this point it's likely the mobo but still possibly the power supply? (I don't have a meter to test the supply)

Any ideas/suggestions?

System Specs:
eMachines ET1810-01 Desktop PC
Celeron 420(1.60GHz)
2GB DDR2
160GB HDD Capacity
NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Integrated
Windows Vista Home Basic

System has not been modified from it's out of box condition.

If it is likely the mobo what would be the recommended replacement?

sywren

Honorable
May 8, 2012
Yeah I pulled a PSU out of an old PC but the power connectors were the old pin style and this one isn't. The only other PC I have available is a mini-tower with a dual core, again another emachines pre built:

EL1358G-51w

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium - 2.8GHz AMD Athlon™ II X2 220 - 3GB memory - 1TB storage - NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150 SE GPU - 16X DVD±RW DL - gigabit LAN - USB

Without taking my case apart anyone know offhand if I could temp use the PSU to test the other system?

sywren

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I'm aware you can not run a Celeron processor on a AM2+ motherboard. The item I linked is a combo kit that comes with a AMD SEMPRON 130. I was asking more if I would have any difficulties with the other peripherals in the machine.