Brand new pc restarts when going to bios

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
Hey there guys i recently got a brand new pc today and everything seems to be fine windows installed flawlessly and all my games are running smoothly but when i first turned it on instead of going to boot menu i went into bios and set the DVD as the primary drive to install windows. Ever since then when i try to get into bios to turn primary boot device to Hardrive my pc restarts before i even get to the blue bios screen and tries to load back up. I can boot into windows perfectly fine and i am posting on this pc right now so i can't figure out what the problem is.

Pc specs are:

HD 6970
2500k i5
8gb ddr3 ram
1tb hardrive
gigabyte p67 mainboard.

I hope i posted this on the right forums as i am really upset this pc is like a dream i just want to sort out this one problem that is bugging me =[

Solution
Maybe try to take the battery out of your motherboard and reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem. I am guessing you are hitting the delete key when it boots to get into your bios or F10 I am not sure what brand of pc you have. Hope this helps in some way.

christop

Distinguished
Maybe try to take the battery out of your motherboard and reinstall it to see if that fixes the problem. I am guessing you are hitting the delete key when it boots to get into your bios or F10 I am not sure what brand of pc you have. Hope this helps in some way.

Solution

apamilo

Distinguished
May 23, 2011

Hey there i seemed to have figured out the issue here.. Gigabyte mainboards do not like you pressing Delete multiple times it seems to restart i noticed when i pressed it 5x or less with a moment apart it boots to BIOS =S strange but i guess gigabyte has a reason to encourage people not to spam delete. Thanks for the reply anyways