Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Crosshair iv formula AND AMD1090T SLOW!!!!!!help

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 21, 2011 5:35:07 AM

hi guys
my pc is very slow, even i overclocked the system.
my pc parts are
AMD 1090T
asus crosshair iv formula
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit Support Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler
i overclock the core speed to 3920 mhz multiplierX17.5 bus speed 224
NB Frequency 2460mhz
DDR3 TIMMINGS 9-9-9-24 1300mhz
COMMAND RATE 2T
my pc is very slow. when i open IE,it takes forever, takes 5 sec


please hlep me to solve this problem!!!!!
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2011 10:48:35 AM

What OS are you running? Also IE is more dependant on your internet connection speed than your PC speed, so whats you rated internet connection?
m
0
l
August 21, 2011 11:08:51 AM

you could have a virus, run a virus scan
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2011 11:31:53 AM

chen07 said:
hi guys
my pc is very slow, even i overclocked the system.
my pc parts are
AMD 1090T
asus crosshair iv formula
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit Support Video Card
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST31000528AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/
CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler
i overclock the core speed to 3920 mhz multiplierX17.5 bus speed 224
NB Frequency 2460mhz
DDR3 TIMMINGS 9-9-9-24 1300mhz
COMMAND RATE 2T
my pc is very slow. when i open IE,it takes forever, takes 5 sec


please hlep me to solve this problem!!!!!


Is it everything or just IE? IE is a big piece of bullshit.....it takes 8 seconds to open in mine, and sometimes it freezes too.....try other better browsers like Firefox or Chrome:) 

Also are u running 8gb's?? 2x (2x2GB) ? Are the RAMs form both companies compatible? I'm not an expert on RAM, but i suggest u keep 2x2Ggb of any ONE company's RAM and check, mite help.....also i hope ur running a 64bit OS for that much of RAM:) 
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 21, 2011 11:39:16 AM

Hmmm good point $hawn, i missed that, you are running 2 different types of RAM from different manufacturers, this is never a good idea, and certainly will not be helping your system.
m
0
l
August 22, 2011 8:48:46 AM

I am haveing the same issue but for me it's the os even after reinstall
m
0
l
August 22, 2011 11:54:29 AM

IE 9 is the fastest of the current browsers in most tests and it also opens fast - 5 sec might be too long, but it's difficult to tell by just one program.
How does the PC perform in general?
m
0
l
August 22, 2011 8:38:27 PM

5 seconds is not forever. I have a i5-2500K with Win7 64-bit, and by the time it loads ie with norton and whatever other plugins it is 5 seconds or longer.

Do you have a REAL benchmark to go by? As in, there is a delay when you type, web pages load slower than normal, my friends system renders a video in 10 minutes but mine takes 20?
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 3:02:58 AM

but AMD 1090 t should be very fast why slower than my 3years old computer .
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 3:04:23 AM

the os i running is windows 7 64bits
m
0
l
a c 138 à CPUs
August 23, 2011 3:23:32 AM

how is slow ... boot, software , rendering , loading game , play game ... ?
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 4:08:10 AM

yes boot, software , rendering , loading game ,
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 23, 2011 4:17:29 AM

Your just not giving us enough to work with. Listing your system specs, saying its slow, and IE takes 5 seconds to load, is simply not enough. All we can do is take wild guesses.
m
0
l
a c 138 à CPUs
August 23, 2011 4:18:20 AM

go default system or Clear Cmos will better, try reformat your HDD and clean install
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 5:04:07 AM

my system specs is 931GB and 869GB free, i only use 62 GB most of thing i saved on a external hard drive
m
0
l
a c 103 à CPUs
August 23, 2011 10:47:22 AM

If its loading times that are slow its the hard drive
m
0
l
August 23, 2011 9:02:18 PM

If your system is noticeably slower than you have either a base hardware issue or a virus. There isnt any reason for your system to be slower, as Windows 7 loads waaay faster than XP.

Run a few virus scanner,s malwarebytes, and any other trojan killing software you can find.

If you have another hd, do a full win 7 new install and see if it is any faster.
m
0
l
August 24, 2011 10:25:29 AM

I have the same problem but I solved it by running a fresh install on another harddrive .
And it was normal, then tryed fresh install on the slow harddrive and it was still slow. So my conclusion is it's either a failing harddrive or the virus is still there after a fresh install try running a prOgram that will make your
Harddrive set the sectors to 0 as on a fresh install the virus could still be there sorry for my grammar as English is my second language
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 24, 2011 8:40:45 PM

ngoy said:
If your system is noticeably slower than you have either a base hardware issue or a virus. There isnt any reason for your system to be slower, as Windows 7 loads waaay faster than XP.

.


Not that I have observed.
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
August 24, 2011 11:04:09 PM

IE loads slower than your old system... New system is win7 and IE9 or 10?

Old system was what? XP and IE7? You cant compare apples to oranges. IE9 is way more complex and comes with addins.

Again, just guessing since you still haven't listed any specs or benchmarks.
m
0
l
August 25, 2011 4:53:07 AM

my old pc uses win 7 32 bit 2gb ram both PCs use ie9
my benchmark
2807 PCMarks
Add to compare
ATI Radeon HD 5770 video card PCMark 7 benchmark test score
Name

Description

Processor
Processor
Get it! AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
Processor clock
3915 MHz
Physical / logical processors
1 / 6
# of cores
6
Graphics Card
Graphics Card
Get it! ATI Radeon HD 5770
Vendor
Pineview Industries Ltd.
# of cards
1
SLI / CrossFire
Off
Memory
1024 MB
Core clock
850 MHz
Memory clock
1200 MHz
Driver name
ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
Driver version
8.850.0.0
Driver status
FM Approved
General
Operating system
64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Crosshair IV Formula
Memory
8192 MB
Module 1
2048 MB OCZ 9 @ 667 MHz
Module 2
2048 MB OCZ 9 @ 667 MHz
Module 3
2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 667 MHz
Module 4
2048 MB Corsair 9 @ 667 MHz
Hard drive model
1,000GB ST31000528AS ATA Device
Detailed scores
PCMark score
2807
Video playback and transcoding / Video playback
23.11 fps
Video playback iteration 1
23.11 fps
Video playback iteration 2
23.11 fps
Video playback iteration 3
23.11 fps
Video playback and transcoding / Video transcoding - downscaling
4195.51 kB/s
Video transcoding - downscaling iteration 1
4109.72 kB/s
Video transcoding - downscaling iteration 2
4287.12 kB/s
Video transcoding - downscaling iteration 3
4189.68 kB/s
System storage - gaming / System storage - gaming
4.96 MB/s
System storage - gaming iteration 1
5.05 MB/s
System storage - gaming iteration 2
4.81 MB/s
System storage - gaming iteration 3
5.0 MB/s
Graphics - DirectX 9 / Graphics - DirectX 9
64.24 fps
Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 1
64.35 fps
Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 2
64.17 fps
Graphics - DirectX 9 iteration 3
64.21 fps
Image manipulation / Image manipulation
8.99 Mpx/s
Image manipulation iteration 1
9.1 Mpx/s
Image manipulation iteration 2
8.92 Mpx/s
Image manipulation iteration 3
8.94 Mpx/s
System storage - importing pictures / System storage - importing pictures
6.18 MB/s
System storage - importing pictures iteration 1
6.25 MB/s
System storage - importing pictures iteration 2
6.19 MB/s
System storage - importing pictures iteration 3
6.1 MB/s
Web browsing and decrypting / Web browsing
13.2 pages/s
Web browsing iteration 1
9.68 pages/s
Web browsing iteration 2
15.46 pages/s
Web browsing iteration 3
14.46 pages/s
Web browsing and decrypting / Data decrypting
90.81 MB/s
Data decrypting iteration 1
91.13 MB/s
Data decrypting iteration 2
90.6 MB/s
Data decrypting iteration 3
90.69 MB/s
System storage - Windows Defender / System storage - Windows Defender
1.65 MB/s
System storage - Windows Defender iteration 1
1.65 MB/s
System storage - Windows Defender iteration 2
1.64 MB/s
System storage - Windows Defender iteration 3
1.66 MB/s
Settings
Default settings used
Yes
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
August 25, 2011 9:23:30 PM

For starters, put everything back to stock to troubleshoot your problem.
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
August 25, 2011 10:10:37 PM

Do you have all core enabled in the system config?
most of your benchmarks look ok to me but that pcmark is about 1/3 of what it should be.
m
0
l
August 26, 2011 2:21:39 AM

popatim said:
Do you have all core enabled in the system config?
most of your benchmarks look ok to me but that pcmark is about 1/3 of what it should be.

yes
m
0
l
August 29, 2011 8:34:14 AM

I had the same problem try another harddrive and reformat,a failing harddrive can cause it to be slower, i have the 1055t ddr3 1600 and i had the same issue alot of random freezeing, very slow, i reformated the harddrive installed os , and still did not fix the problem i switched on my other harddrive with same os, and it ranned perfect. hope this helps.
m
0
l
a c 111 à CPUs
August 29, 2011 9:56:18 PM

$hawn said:
Is it everything or just IE? IE is a big piece of bullshit.....it takes 8 seconds to open in mine, and sometimes it freezes too.....try other better browsers like Firefox or Chrome:) 

Also are u running 8gb's?? 2x (2x2GB) ? Are the RAMs form both companies compatible? I'm not an expert on RAM, but i suggest u keep 2x2Ggb of any ONE company's RAM and check, mite help.....also i hope ur running a 64bit OS for that much of RAM:) 


Uther39 said:
Hmmm good point $hawn, i missed that, you are running 2 different types of RAM from different manufacturers, this is never a good idea, and certainly will not be helping your system.



Ding-duh-Da-Ding-Ding

I imagine it boots reallllllly slow, too.

m
0
l
August 29, 2011 11:38:10 PM

My vote goes to different RAM manufacturers. Even if you do get a computer working running different RAM, doesn't mean you should. Your essentially trying to make 2 pieces of hardware that could be entirely different on the inside work together.

Also IE is junk.
m
0
l
a c 145 à CPUs
August 29, 2011 11:48:59 PM

Feel like taking out 1/2 of your ram and rerunning the benchmark?
m
0
l
!