Sign in with
Your question

1000 - 1350$ Gaming Computer

Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2011 6:15:23 PM

Hello, I am thinking about buying a custom CyberPower Z68 computer. The main purpose of this computer would be for gaming, followed by Internet. The games I would play would probably be World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, and also some FPS games. I am not allowed to build my own computer, so I decided to buy one from CyberPower. Here are the specs:
Case: Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case
Default case fans
CPU: Intel Core i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M cache
No OC
Cooling Fan: Astek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
Motherboard: [CrossFireX] Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III Raid, 2Gen PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
Memory: 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
Freebies: Memorial Day Special - Free Razer Lachesis 3G 4000 DPI Gaming Mouse With NVIDIA GTX 550 TI or above
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
PSU: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
Hard Drive 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200 RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (Black)
Sound: High Definition On-Board 7.1 Audio
Monitor: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Sceptre X246W-1080P LCD (Viewable 23.6") (Black) w/Built-in Speaker, DVI & Input
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Total Price: 1333$
I'm not sure about the PSU or the Motherboard, and I don't plan to OC the CPU, so I got the i5-2500 version instead of 2500k.
Please offer advice about different parts or whether this can run WoW at Ultra. Thanks!
May 26, 2011 7:30:57 PM

Why are you not allowed to build your own, buying a prebuilt one sucks, atleast buy the parts and have a local comp store build it for you saves you hundreds of bucks. and gettings the i5-2500k is so much better, because overclocking is so easy all you have to do is go in your bios and set the mhz and voltage and its done. with that you will easily get atleast 4.4 or more. much better than reg. the motherboard is alright i guess. a p67 is your best choice. the memory is good, the graphics card is alright, you should get more wats if you want to upgrade down the road. but 800 is good, the psu is crap ive heard needs to be 80+ certified and most likely modular. the hard drive is alright, but i suggest gettings a tiny ssd for your boot drive and a hdd for storage it doesnt need to be special but 1 tb is plenty. the optical drive is garbage. sound is aight, monitor is good, network good, keyboard seems like crap get someting from alienware or razer, same with the mouse they are the best, espically razer if you play wow or starcraft. they have awesome macros. you do not need someone to overclock for you it is way too overpriced, the os i guess is good if you like to pay for them, same with office. tehe overall it can do those games at ultra easy. the only bottleneck might be your interwebz. but yeh thats my opinion. i think buying prebuilt is dumb as crap its way too overpriced, do not get best buy to build it if you get someone to build it for u, they are retarded like crazy. the motherboard is okay if you are not expanding, but i suggest getting a mobo that is mainly used with nvidia not the crossfire(which is amds multi gpu thing) but sli support. just research a bunch of this stuff and you will find good deals and what not. So yeh.
m
l
May 26, 2011 7:40:49 PM

The problem w/ re-built systems is that they wow you with a few good brand names in the ad, and then sucker you with cheap PSU, KB, Mouse, monitor and other items. I'd look for a true custom shop to build from your spec list.
m
l
June 9, 2011 6:34:59 PM

I bought my last computer from here . They were wonderful as far as giving me the exact name and model of each part in my system and really knew what they were doing. also just sayin +1 for there customer support.

Quick lookdown of your system:

liquid cooling is stupid to have if you dont plan on overclocking. Also that liquid cooling is junk, your be better off air cooling.

motherboard is fine, dont bother changing to an sli ready one because your power supply would never handle 2 570's in sli so why bother paying for a mobo that can if you cant use it

I dont know anything about xtremegear, but id venture to guess you should find a corsair power supply instead

If you dont want blu ray than that optical drive will do great.

m
l
!