sazza34

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Hi, I am running a EVGA GTX 580 and since yesterday, in all of the games i play there is no anti aliasing whatsoever. Even when it is turned on in the game's menu. I have this problem with such games as

Battlefield bad company 2
call of duty black ops
empire total war, just to name a few.

I am running the latest Nvidia drivers.

All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

How do you know Antialiasing is not working?

I agree to check the Control Panel. There are a lot of ways to customize the AA settings. This would be the first time I ever heard of this, so it's more likely user error than a driver problem.

sazza34

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Ok, thank you for suggesting that i change the control panel, as resetting the 3d options has fixed my AA for all but one game.

Bad Company 2 seems to have no AA whatsoever, even when i have 8x MSAA in the options. any suggestions?

I'm still trying to figure out how you know that AA is not working. I guess you can see the jagged lines on the graphics?

For BFBC2, there are two options to adjust settings, the Nvidia Control Panel, or the in-game settings. The Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D Settings has two tabs: Global settings and Program settings. If you want to specify a setting for a particular game, go to Program settings, pull down the drop down list to select Battlefield Bad Company 2. Once there, you can adjust settings that will only affect BFBC2.

Instead of overriding the in-game settings, though, I would make sure that AA is set to "Application controlled". Then you can set the Antialiasing settings from the in-game menu. If those do not work, then try to force them using the procedure above (Override application settings under the Antialiasing tab).

Oh, I forgot, with a GTX 580, you should try 32xCSAA in the in-game settings, which is the highest setting.

Here is a tweak guide for BFBC2 from Nvidia:
http://www.geforce.com/#/Optimize/Guides/bfbc2-tweak-guide