Choosing graphic card brand

Status
Not open for further replies.

mubin

Distinguished
Hello, I am going to buy a new HD5770 card. I am going to replace xfx hd4650 card. That card gave me good performance more than one year, having no trouble.

I bought a sapphire hd5770 card few months ago for my cousin . That is a good card with great performance. But now there is no saphire hd5770 card in my local market when i am going to buy for my own. :(

I have to choose between Gigabyte & XFX. Which will be better to buy? I need it for 3 years. If i wait for more than 15 days then maybe i can get a sapphire card, which has good cooling system. Sapphire card has 2 heatpipe where xfx has not. So i am not sure about xfx cooling system but have trust in them.

And not sure about gigabyte heatpipe edition. GIGABYTE Super Overclock Series is not avilable which is better for cooling. But i am not going to overclock.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/GraphicCards/HD%205000series/5770.aspx
http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?leg=&psn=000101&pid=341

Among these cards, which is better to buy? Should i wait for sapphire or buy XFX/Gigabyte?

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
I don't know if you'll get 3 years out of a 5770 but I'd wait for the sapphire since that sounds like the card you really want. Don't force yourself to buy something or you'll just regret it later.

mubin

Distinguished
Yeah i really want sapphire card but no matter if i get good performance and better cooling from xfx. I am already using a xfx card, so brand is not a fact, but performance and the quality is the main fact. Same to gigabyte.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
I agree with crewton in that I don't think a 5770 will be up to par gaming for the next 3 years. May want to consider upgrading to a 6870 or somewhere along the lines if it's not too far out of your price range.

On the other note, Sapphire is my favorite brand of AMD video cards at the moment but I've never owned an XFX card. Sapphire's cooling systems on their video cards work really well, especially if you happen to get one of they Toxic or Vapor-X line of cards. Toxic and Vapor-X have improved cooling systems on them. Either way you go, make sure you get a card that blows the exhaust out the back of your card and not into your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.