Wireless Connectivity Issues

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Hi Community,

I have a Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 router and my wireless connectivity is being selective on which devices it distributes wireless to. For instance, my laptop will not receive any wireless signal (continues to say "Identifying" on Windows 7 but can see that the router is broadcasting), but my iPhone (which is right next to the laptop) will be able to connect to the router without any issue. I have about 5-6 devices that connect to the router wirelessly, and 2 out of the 5 usually do not receive any connection unless I reset the router through my desktop which is connected through an ethernet cable. Is there a possible solution to this without having to factory reset the router? I do have quite a bit of ports forwarded already and would be much better for me if I did not have to setup the router again.

Also, I know that my router is capable of using the dd-wrt custom firmware, but is NOT using that firmware. In addition, I did buy a D-Link DIR-655 router which remains unopened. If I can get the old Buffalo router working again, then I will be returning this router as I would have no need for it. Any help or info would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

G

Wireless mode ? Wireless security type ? Access List activated and excluding/including certain computer ?

Have a close look at you router settings and start by turning off wireless security temporarily to see what happens.

ohsonoob

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Wireless mode ? Wireless security type ? Access List activated and excluding/including certain computer ?

Have a close look at you router settings and start by turning off wireless security temporarily to see what happens.

Security type is WPS2-AES.
Mode: 11g(54M)-Turbo (not exactly sure what this means)
Access List: No MAC address filtering or approval. I do have some IP addresses manually assigned to certain MAC addresses to facilitate port forwarding when connected over wireless.

G

Try disabling wireless security and if that solves it, switch to WPA TKIP which is more widely supported than AES.

If that doesn't help look at changing wireless mode to g only or mixed mode -- turbo mode may not be supported by some devices.