Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Advice on an $800 build

Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2011 8:48:10 PM

I'm putting together a new budget desktop to replace the laptop my sister has been using, which is barely able to handle a performance-optimized Elder Scrolls IV (that being her type of game) at rock-bottom settings. I'm doing the parts-hunting, building, and testing while she is paying for the parts themselves. As for my abilities, I'm fairly comfortable with PC guts, having swapped out PSUs, graphics cards, RAM, and hard drives in a number of pre-built systems. The only thing I haven't had a reason to mess with is a motherboard+CPU, and this will be my first time putting a system together from scratch. Luckily, I actually read the manuals.

Speaking of which...

Approximate Purchase Date: It just has to be totally finished (built, tested, mildly OCed perhaps) before September. I'll be unavailable for at least three months after that, and she needs the system up and going for the new school year. I originally counted on taking May through July to pick up parts during particularly good sales, but the need to test parts before vendor RMA periods expire would seem to dictate I speed that up a bit.

Budget Range: As close to $800-850 as possible for hardware + OS; Case and PSU already purchased totalling $105

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Schoolwork (online textbooks/worksheets in addition to basic MS Office stuff), gaming, web-surfing, and watching the occasional show or movie (not Blu-Ray, though)

Parts Not Required: I'm donating my old keyboard, optical mouse, and ASUS 22" LCD Monitor (picked up a couple 2.5 years ago for $130 :D  ), which I expect she will replace piecemeal over the next couple of years. She also uses headphones, so no need for speakers. Also, see below regarding case and PSU.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I've used Newegg for most of my past component purchases and love it (especially the shipping), but my loyalty is mostly to the lowest price as long as customer service and shipping are good. TigerDirect is another site I'm keeping my eye on, especially after a recent find there. I saw microcenter.com recommended in a thread here as a good place to get CPUs, though I'm not familiar with them.

Country of Origin: USA

Parts Preferences: No preference as long as the parts are good quality

Overclocking: I'd like to mildly OC what I can; nothing too extreme or requiring extensive outlays on cooling

SLI or Crossfire: If possible, I'd like to leave it as an option for future upgrades

Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050 with my monitor, maybe on up to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 if she buys a better monitor in the future

Additional Comments: Must have a wireless network adapter (the home network uses a Linksys WRT54GL 802.11b/g Wireless Router); I'd like to give her (in descending order of importance) upgrade paths for a second graphics card and another two sticks of RAM (assuming two sticks to start with), support for USB 3.0 devices, a fairly good onboard sound chipset, and SATA 6gb/s for the possibility of a SSD upgrade.

Already purchased:

Case - Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower $35
Purchased through Newegg, but we actually ended up with what appears to be a newer version. It has cutouts to route cables behind the mobo tray and a bunch of new tie-down points. Three 120mm fans, side vents for two more, 4 front-top USB 2.0 ports, painted interior, cutouts & tie-down points (the biggest thing missing from the version Newegg still shows), and generous amounts of space and bays in a simple and elegant case for only $35. Not sure how to beat that.

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W PSU $105 - $30 MIR
I was looking at the 750W version on Newegg, then noticed the 775W one was only $5 more after rebate and shipping at TigerDirect along with having better reviews and specs beyond just wattage.

Graphics Card - Galaxy 56NGH6HS4IXZ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $234 - $40 MIR

CD-RW/DVD-RW drive/burner - LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive - OEM $16

Wireless network device - Rosewill RNX-G300EX IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128-Bit WEP, 802.1x, WPA, WPA2, AES, TKIP with 100cm cable external 2 dBi Antenna $10

Looking for with currently planned items:

Mobo - GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $130
Planning to spend $120-130, maybe up towards $150, on it, and I'd like to get at least 2 PCI-e 2.0 slots in the x16 or x8x8 configuration (x16x16 would be great, but what I've read suggests that might not be worth the extra cost), LGA1555 socket, 4 RAM sockets at 1333 (DDR3, of course) minimum with at least 16gb supported, SATA 3gb/s (one or two SATA 6gb/s ports would be nice), and 2 USB 2.0 headers for the case (as I understand it, that would support all 4 of the case's USB ports).

Processor - Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz 2 x 256KB L2 Cache 3MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I32100 $125
Looking at what can be had for around $130, maybe closer to $150 if something like the i3-2120 goes on sale or the Bulldozer launch knocks the i5-2xxx series down a bit.

Storage - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $65, hopefully more like $50 on sale
Looking for an HDD with 700gb+ at 7200rpm, SATA 3gb/s (am I correct in understanding that SATA 6gb/s is wasted on such a drive?). SSDs are right out due to the cost at the moment, and I'd like to get the HDD at around $50-60, if possible. Is a little higher price for the 64mb cache worthwhile?

OS - Win 7 Home Premium $100
Would love to get her Pro, but price is an issue.

RAM - Whatever name brand is on sale and fits my leftover funds
Whatever works with the mobo I end up getting, hopefully keeping the price down in the area of $70; looking for 8gb of DDR3 at 1600 and decent timings (looks like most are 9-9-9-24/27). OC capacity would be nice, but isn't a major issue. Two, the Patriot Gamer 2 Series 8GB DDR3 1333 and Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 caught my eye today (particularly the post-rebate pricetag on the first).

Miscellaneous questions

Are the painted black standoffs that came with the case acceptable, or do I need to look into getting bare brass ones?
The PSU space in the case has two rubber feet and two plastic ones; should I be getting some rubber feet to replace the latter?
Anyone know how to get the front panel on the case off? The only truly bad thing about the case is the abysmal instruction pamphlet: It (almost) explains how the toolless drive bays work and almost nothing else.

EDIT: Clarified the cost budget
EDIT2: Updated currently planned parts
EDIT3: Updated planned parts
EDIT4: Again

More about : advice 800 build

May 26, 2011 9:08:43 PM

well i dont have time to answer all of your questions, so ill hit a few. if you or your sister is a student, look into purchasing windows through the school, as educational institutions can get it at a significant discount.

a little sandpaper on the top face of a painted standoff will quickly turn it into an unpainted standoff.

amd is releasing its new processor line in the next month. i would wait for that since you have until september. at the moment, an h61 or h67 mobo paired with an i5-2400 is going to be the most powerful option for your budget (more powerful than any phenom), assuming a well balanced build.
May 26, 2011 9:53:00 PM

These are all prices from Newegg. If you shop around you may save a buck here or ther... but then again you wouldn't be buying from newegg...

ASRock P67 EXTREME4 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - This will allow for SLI/Xfire in the future - TomsH recommends this MoBo - Here you can save about $50 if you don't need SLI or Xfire in the future.
$159.99

Galaxy 56NGH6HS4IXZ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Mail in Rebate Card $40
$229.99
After MIR this card comes out to $189.99 - The best deal on a video card I have seen in months. Also this is way cheaper than the 6850 or 6870 and performs better.

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52400 - The fastest processor you can get for under $200
$189.99

G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR - This stuff is so fast it is crazy... and it looks like little sniper rifles...
$79.99

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - Super fast drive - Highest customer rating on Newegg
$64.99

LITE-ON CD/DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model iHAS124-04 - OEM - free shipping
$19.99

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit English 1-Pack - OEM
$99.99

Win 7 Pro 64 bit costs $40 more. There is a combo deal at newegg where you get the i5 2400 processor and Win 7 Pro together and save $25

After MIR this rig comes to $804.93. Win 7 Pro will run you $15 more when bought as a combo. The top price/performance leader under $200 is the i5 2400. This will stomp anything from AMD at the moment. When Bulldozer comes out you should see if the situation has changed. If you are planning on making this system last 5 years a 3 year old AMD processor isn't a good start. Go with the extremely fast new architecture of Sandy Bridge for now. I can't wait to see what AMD Bulldozer is capable of. I hope they can take the crown back in the price segment. Even the $125 i3 2100 beats all of AMD's chips at the moment.

As far as WI-Fi. Get whatever you want. A dongle or a card should not cost more than $20.

Here are the links that show how awesome this rig will be...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu-cor...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card-...
Related resources
May 26, 2011 10:24:58 PM

Start with pacioli's build and change two things. Get this Z68 mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... which has Virtu support, USB3.0, and SATA 6Gb/s. Careful of substitutions, not all [Gigabyte] Z68 boards have these features. Second, given what she has now, and what she plays now, a much cheaper 1GB GTX460 is likely all she needs, especially at 1680x1050. You'll be able to add a second one later, if she gets the higher resolution monitor AND more demanding games.
You won't need to, but I'd avoid overclocking. Since you'll be away, anticipate some event that will cause, or necessitate, the BIOS being reset to defaults. You want this machine stable, above all else.
As to the wireless adapter, I've had good results from inexpensive Encore and Rosewill adapters, the former PCI and the latter USB.

Best solution

May 26, 2011 10:58:18 PM

That Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 is a great choice. If the only goal is Elder Scrolls IV, then you don't need to spend $800. But you probably want Elder Scrolls V to work well, so then $800's not bad.

I'd go with:

CPU: $225 i5-2500K

Mobo: $130 Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (jtt283's suggestion)

RAM: $85 Any 8GB (2x4GB) 1600CL9 or faster DDR3 that's on sale when you make your purchase.

HDD: $55 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB. Wait for the Newegg sale.

PSU: $90 Any 750W Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or XFX. Sign up for Newegg's email list and wait for a sale. Keep an eye on slickdeals.net

Graphics: $190 Galaxy GTX 560Ti (pacioli's suggestion)

OS: $30 Windows 7 Pro (ghengiskron's suggestion) http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows...
Buy soon before the deal ends.

EDIT: I agree with ghengiskron that you shouldn't build until next month.
TOTAL: $750
May 26, 2011 11:05:33 PM

That gigabyte board has poor reviews... The AsROCk has USB3.0 and SATA 6GB/s. and is tried and tested. In addition in the reviews of Z68 boards the P67 boards outperformed them in all cases... it was not by much. I don't think Virtu support is not on the OPs priority list.
At $189.99 that GTX 560 Ti would be hard to beat by anything. I paid $260 for my GTX 560 Ti a few months ago. I like the way these prices are heading I want to add a second 560 Ti to my rig.
May 26, 2011 11:08:20 PM

Holy crap that is a good deal on Win 7 Pro... bought it!

OP already has a PSU.
May 26, 2011 11:15:02 PM

Thanks for the advice so far, but I just noticed I was unclear about the case and PSU prices: Their $35 and $70 (post-rebate) prices, respectively, are part of the $800 I have to work with. In terms of parts yet to be purchased, this means my budget is effectively around $700. Sorry for the confusion, and I'll update the original post to clarify.

This does, of course, mean that most of the suggestions given already are going to be a little too high for me to swing.

The i5-2400 is probably out of my price range. As for the i3-2100, point taken. I may wait to see if it or the 2120 show up on sale.

The Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti might be feasible, depending on everything else.

EDIT: Looks like I can't get the Win 7 student deal. It's only available for university students, I'm already out of school, and she's not in college yet. Blast. :( 

EDIT THE SECOND: Also, what are the chances AMD delays the Bulldozer launch? A lot of speculation seems to be against the Bulldozer showing up in June. It probably won't hurt to wait a couple weeks for the projected launch date, especially if the launch causes Intel to cut it's prices, but I'm a little leery of waiting any longer than that.
May 26, 2011 11:33:39 PM

If the PSU's not purchased yet, I'd stick to Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, & XFX. The GTX 560Ti should be top priority. Sacrifice other parts (not PSU) for that. Here's some good info on PSUs: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

EDIT: Sounds like that Thermaltake PSU is just fine. Look up reviews on that specific model though.
May 26, 2011 11:51:43 PM

@pacioli--Where's the bad review on the GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3? The only review I've found is the one on Newegg, which is by an imbecile who probably doesn't even own it and gave it 5 Eggs.

Read that review, it makes ZERO sense. He says he's tech level 5 of 5 and has owned it for over a year (it was released less than a month ago), then only uses "realllly warm" as a positive.

@Cortillean--wait 'til next month and you can either see Bulldozer or give up on its arrival.
May 27, 2011 12:04:01 AM

dalauder said:
If the PSU's not purchased yet, I'd stick to Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, & XFX. The GTX 560Ti should be top priority. Sacrifice other parts (not PSU) for that. Here's some good info on PSUs: http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

EDIT: Sounds like that Thermaltake PSU is just fine. Look up reviews on that specific model though.

Ordered the PSU yesterday after checking its reviews on Newegg, TigerDirect, and a couple others. Seems the biggest problem is getting the outsourced rebate processing company to pay up. Maybe I'll just threaten legal action right off the bat, or something. :ange: 
May 27, 2011 12:08:13 AM

Here's the conclusion of HardwareSecrets' review of the Gigabyte board: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/Gigabyte-Z68X-UD...
For the stated purposes and resolution, and considering what your sister has now, I maintain that a 1GB GTX460 (or HD6850) is sufficient for her needs.
May 27, 2011 12:16:12 AM

I agree that a GTX 460 1GB meets her needs. But it's $160 for one of those and $190 for a GTX 560Ti. Considering you can almost guarantee she'll want to play Elder Scrolls V on it, I have a hard time justifying those $30 savings.

EDIT: @jtt283 I'm confused, that's a review of a different Gigabyte board than the GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 for $130.
May 27, 2011 12:25:04 AM

No, it compares it very favorably to a much more expensive board. Of the two, it is definitely the one I'd choose.
May 27, 2011 12:28:46 AM

4 core Bulldozer start at 190
May 27, 2011 12:43:10 AM

@jtt283--my bad, I got you confused with pacioli talking trash on the Gigabyte board. But we got the $170 GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 confused with the $130 GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 in those reviews. The $130 Gigabyte is a great buy, based on all information we have available to us.

The 0.3% fps advantage of P67 boards in limited testing is hardly enough to outweigh the benefits of Z68. Z68: Integrated video when your PCI-e card screws up and Quicksync if you ever do video work.
May 27, 2011 1:11:17 AM

dalauder, nail on the head: She brought up ES:V yesterday as a big reason behind wanting a new system. Dunno about the graphics card, though. $190 is pretty high on this budget. I'd really rather not back the CPU dow from the i3-2100 at all, and I'm not sure where else I can cut much. With any luck (and decent sales), I can get some of the other components a bit lower than normal.

Incidentally, jonnyguru's review of the PSU was what sold me on it.

The GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 looks just about perfect. Probably won't go on sale for me, but that price doesn't need much extra incentive.

brpeden82, is there a link I could peruse? If that price point is accurate and the Bulldozer launches on time, it may push the i5-2500 down enough for me to snatch one. The Bulldozer itself will still be out of my range, though.

Still wish there was some way to take advantage of that Win 7 Pro student sale. It's not like she won't qualify in 14 months, and the $70 difference between that and getting Win 7 Home Premium at regular price would let me push the graphics card and CPU up without cutting elsewhere. :pfff: 
May 27, 2011 1:30:40 AM

i highly recommend that you update your OP with a list of what you are currently planning on buying. i think the chances of a bulldozer release after june are extremely slim. AMD simply cannot afford to mess this up.
May 27, 2011 1:37:45 AM

Bulldozer's not out--just wait for now.

Doesn't the i3-2100 w/ GTX 560Ti fit your budget? The video card should be at least 25% of your build price. I know it sounds weird spending $200 on graphics, but that's what it costs.

So long as anyone using the computer regularly has a .edu address, it's eligible for Windows 7 Student discount. Does your sister have a friend that's a year older (college w/ .edu address) that always plays Elder Scrolls with her on the same computer?
May 27, 2011 3:07:00 AM

Still trying to see what can be done on the OS front, but the 560Ti will put the build, as it stands now, at $820 after rebates. I'd like to get that a little lower via sales and maybe get a CPU better than the i3-2100 if the Bulldozer launch pushes Intel's sub-$200 offerings down a little further. If all else fails, I might be willing to toss a little money of my own into the deal to bump something up a notch as an early Christmas present or something. Best to just wait and watch for the next week or two, I'm thinking.
May 27, 2011 3:32:23 AM

@Cortillaen--check your PMs.

What did I leave off of my build? Mine would be $830 including $100 for Windows. If you switch from the i5-2500K to an i3-2100, it's $725 including $100 for Windows.

The i3-2100 isn't a bad choice, especially considering that it SHOULD upgrade to Ivy Bridge without a hitch (unless Intel decides to screw with us on sockets yet again).

But I still agree with waiting until Bulldozer's launch. You can be pretty much guaranteed you'll find a GTX 560Ti for $210 or less after rebates then.
May 27, 2011 4:09:26 AM

dalauder said:
What did I leave off of my build? Mine would be $830 including $100 for Windows. If you switch from the i5-2500K to an i3-2100, it's $725 including $100 for Windows.

dalauder said:
CPU: $225 i5-2500K

Mobo: $130 Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (jtt283's suggestion)

RAM: $85 Any 8GB (2x4GB) 1600CL9 or faster DDR3 that's on sale when you make your purchase.

HDD: $55 Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB. Wait for the Newegg sale.

PSU: $90 Any 750W Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, or XFX. Sign up for Newegg's email list and wait for a sale. Keep an eye on slickdeals.net (Already got the $70 PSU noted in the OP)

Graphics: $190 Galaxy GTX 560Ti (pacioli's suggestion)

OS: $30 Windows 7 Pro (ghengiskron's suggestion) http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/software/windows...
Buy soon before the deal ends.

(Case: $35 Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower)

EDIT: I agree with ghengiskron that you shouldn't build until next month.
TOTAL: $750

Assuming this is still the build we're talking about, I have it coming out to be $890 after counting in the prices of the PSU and Case I've already bought and $100 for the OS. That's also assuming a $10 off sale on the HDD and not counting in $10-15 for the network device. Cutting back to the i3-2100 puts it back down around the $800 total mark.
May 27, 2011 5:12:04 AM

Oh...I didn't know we were counting the parts you already had. Gotcha.
May 27, 2011 9:51:58 AM

Well, you could drop back to 4GB of RAM, to save $45 or so. Foregoing overclocking and getting an i5-2400 recovers another $35.
May 27, 2011 7:25:19 PM

Alright, thanks for all the advice so far. My plan for the moment is to get the Galaxy GTX 560Ti; pick up the optical drive, HDD, and network device as I catch them on sale (I'll only save a few bucks on each, but every bit helps); and wait on getting the mobo, CPU, and RAM until we see how AMD does with the Bulldozer launch. Hopefully, it'll go well enough that Intel will drop their i5-2xxx processors a bit for me. Whatever's left of the budget after the mobo and CPU will be my RAM fund since I can count on RAM being on all sorts of sales constantly.
May 27, 2011 8:33:07 PM

Sounds good. I'm pretty much in the same boat, waiting on Bulldozer benchmarks before buying the CPU and mobo.
May 27, 2011 8:59:30 PM

I am getting excited about Bulldozer. I hope it kicks ass.
May 30, 2011 4:11:33 AM

I'd only pick up that GTX 560Ti right now if you have an existing computer to put it in. Otherwise, it'll be cheaper three weeks from now.
May 30, 2011 5:09:47 AM

Usually I'd agree with that, but GPU prices seem pretty stable right now. Remember, sooner or later people will realize that the US Dollar is worthless, since our parasites are just printing more of them, rather than earning them.
May 30, 2011 5:27:50 AM

Since the rebate is good through June 19th, my instinct is to wait and see if the base price dips any more. On the other hand, the price may spike with the Bulldozer release if lots of people have been holding off buying new build components while waiting to see the new processor. Maybe I'll start a thread purely for opinions on this and see what the TH community thinks. I haven't been watching GPU prices enough recently to judge.
May 30, 2011 6:48:10 AM

It's true that you might end up paying $210 for that GPU instead of $190. But that would be at the same base price with a smaller rebate. I'd wait, but waiting might not be best.
June 9, 2011 12:54:41 AM

Best answer selected by cortillaen.
June 18, 2011 4:30:02 PM

I just thought I'd make one last post here to say the build is finished and functional. I don't even want to think about how much harder that would have been without help from the awesome community here. There's still plenty of testing to do, MemTest86+ and Prime95 are ready to go as soon as I get all the drivers up-to-date. After that, it'll be time for Avast, MalwareBytes, some utilities like Revo Uninstaller and Defraggler, and Office. I plan to play with the overclocking a bit to see if I can get some extra power out of the system without affecting stability, too. Here's the final build:

Case - Rosewill Smart One ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, Black interior, comes with three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x Top 120mm Fan, Option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan $35

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX-775M 775W ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Certified CrossFire Certified 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply GeForce GTX 470 Certified $105 - $30 MIR
I had a little trouble with a couple of the power cables from the PSU being just an inch or two too short to tuck behind the mobo tray, but they're mostly pulled away from the airflow's path.

Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $137

Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K $200

Memory - PNY XLR8 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model MD4096KD3-1600-X8 $49 - $20 MIR

HDD - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $60

Graphics Card - Galaxy 56NGH6HS4IXZ GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card $233 - $40 MIR

Optical Drive - LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM Black SATA Model GH22NS50 Bulk - OEM $16

Wireless Adapter - Rosewill RNX-G300EX IEEE 802.11b/g PCI Wireless Card Up to 54Mbps Data Rates 64/128bit WEP WPA WPA2 802.1x, 802.11i, AES, TKIP with 100cm cable external 2 dBi Antenna $10

OS and peripherals (monitor, keyboard, and mouse) have also been handled.

Total: $845 - $90 MIR

Thanks for the assistance, everyone.
!