First of all thanks for your reading.

System Components:
· Intel i7 2600K
· Asrock P67 Extreme 6
· HDD Seagate Barracuda 3,5" 1TB SATA 3 7200RPM
· 2xDDRAM 3 Kingston 1333 4GB
· NVIDIA GTX 580 1,5BG DDR5 PCIE

Problem:
yesterday, my PC hangs when loading OS (after loading screen, just before the user login screen). I thought it was caused by, hopefully, a bad CMOS configuration or by the HDD.

So, I pushed the clear CMOS button of the rear. Bad idea... I restarted and the PC was not able to start. It says: no boot device detected. Even inside UEFI, the list of the boot menu options is empty.

The codes shown in DrDebugger (that is the name if I'm not mistaken) was A3, A6 and A9, alternatively.

And also, it is so extrange but the red led of the CMOS Clear rear button is always on now, even after removing the CMOS battery.

Actions taken:
· Try to clear CMOS again
· Remove CMOS battery
· PS2 interfaces used instead USB ones for keyboard and mice

No result at all was given by these actions.

Now I will disconnect all hardware except the essential, and try. But after that I'm out of ideas, so any help will be absolutely great.

Thanks!

PD: I apologize for any errors in grammar or spelling, english is not my native language.
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 10:19:23 AM

First try to boot up by mobo + cpu + psu see is theres any beep afer put ram and hdd and see is bios detecting them
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 10:23:07 AM

See is PSU is correctly pluged which psu brand and series you have ?

Cpu header connector needs 8-pin make sure your psu have it
May 9, 2012 11:38:30 AM

THE UNKNOWN said:
See is PSU is correctly pluged which psu brand and series you have ?

Cpu header connector needs 8-pin make sure your psu have it

Thank you very much for your help. I'll follow your instructions as soon as I get home.

My PSU is a 600W: Raptoxx Advance Series SPS-RT-600 ABP

All the connectors are plugged in and it looks ok (it works for 5 months now).

I also have a cooler for the CPU, an Artic Cooling Freezer 13.
May 9, 2012 2:24:26 PM

THE UNKNOWN said:
First try to boot up by mobo + cpu + psu see is theres any beep afer put ram and hdd and see is bios detecting them

I've tried and it returns error 53: "Memory inizalitation error. No usable memory detected" so I think it's ok.

No beep anyway.

The RAM is detected because it is shown in the UEFI main panel, but the HDD...I don't know. I will try it in other PC and see.

Anyway, the red led of the Clear CMOS button is still on, and I can't find any explanation about why :heink: 

Thanks again!
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 3:02:35 PM

knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/168595en
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 3:06:55 PM

Might give some tips :) 

vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?board_id=1&model=P8P67%20DELUXE&id=20120507174420730&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
May 9, 2012 5:38:18 PM

Thanks very useful info!

so, following those advices, I tried some things:

1) put the HDD in other fully functional PC. It works and after windows loading screen, it hangs. So, the HDD is damaged, but this PC recognizes it

2) I managed to obtain a identical fully functional HDD, but with less capacity. Pluged it in the PC with the problems. Again, "no boot device"

So, I suppose that both, MOBO and HDD are damaged.

Am I mistaken? Any other ideas? any other tests to do? I think that RMA is the best option here but...seriously...2 components damaged simultaneously...is not very strange?

Thank you very much.
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 6:22:33 PM

Try each [SATA] hdd port on your mobo to check is any port cause trouble for hdd [ fully functional ] to not detect in bios try with another SATA cable also but i dont understand why you said less capacity term ?
May 9, 2012 6:53:58 PM

THE UNKNOWN said:
Try each [SATA] hdd port on your mobo to check is any port cause trouble for hdd [ fully functional ] to not detect in bios try with another SATA cable also but i dont understand why you said less capacity term ?

Sorry, I was trying to say that one is 1Tb and the other one is 750Gb.

And hey, you know what? you were right! it was the SATA port of the mobo. I plugged it into others and it works! but it doesn't work in 5 to 8 ports, that's because the previous tests doesn't work, I plugged it only in the bad ones...anyway, the disk is still damaged, but this is something that I can deal with.

Now I don't know if I must RMA the mobo because the damaged ports or not...humm

Thank you very much for you incredible help.
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 7:02:54 PM

Acid_01 said:
Sorry, I was trying to say that one is 1Tb and the other one is 750Gb.

And hey, you know what? you were right! it was the SATA port of the mobo. I plugged it into others and it works! but it doesn't work in 5 to 8 ports, that's because the previous tests doesn't work, I plugged it only in the bad ones...anyway, the disk is still damaged, but this is something that I can deal with.

Now I don't know if I must RMA the mobo because the damaged ports or not...humm

Thank you very much for you incredible help.

go for rma board cause its your board you paid for it you should get all functions of it
:) 
a b V Motherboard
May 9, 2012 7:09:10 PM

Im just middle man efforts are yours :) 
!