many games on one cartridge?

Hi...

I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..

They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
them: 50, 150, 200+

These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
the 200+ cartridge was $150...

what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?

S.
4 answers Last reply
More about many games cartridge

    They are bootleg cartridges, usually with one ore two GBA games on it, with
    a smattering of NES games. $150 is insanely high.

    If you want NES games that bad, your better off finding a flash cart.

    "S.K." <sgold1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > Hi...
    >
    > I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
    > went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
    >
    > They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
    > them: 50, 150, 200+
    >
    > These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
    > the 200+ cartridge was $150...
    >
    > what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
    >
    > S.

    > Hi...
    >
    > I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
    > went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
    >
    > They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
    > them: 50, 150, 200+
    >
    > These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
    > the 200+ cartridge was $150...
    >
    > what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
    >
    > S.

    Yeah, someone I knew at school came back from Pakistan with one of those
    "bootlegged" cartridges from a flee market. You know, those places where
    you haggle down the market trader from a ridicules starting price...

    Anyway, this particular game Pak contained full versions of Yoshi's Island
    and Advance Wars together with a whole host of old SNES and NES games, most
    of which were not that great.
    But for 150 games, working out the total cost after currency exchange rate,
    he paid £45 pounds...

    He then brought the thing back to the UK, which of course is smuggling and
    totally illegal...

    On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:20:17 +0000, S.K. wrote:

    > Hi...
    >
    > I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
    > went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
    >
    > They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
    > them: 50, 150, 200+
    >
    > These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
    > the 200+ cartridge was $150...
    >
    > what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
    >
    > S.

    Not only are the counterfeit, their quality is suspect at best. A friend
    of mine got a boot of Metriod Zero from Ebay, wasn't sure if it was a boot
    when he bid on it. But when he got it, he found that it wouldn't save his
    games.

    Buyer Beware!

    Les B. Labbauf <broeht@netscape.net> wrote:
    > Not only are the counterfeit, their quality is suspect at best. A
    > friend of mine got a boot of Metriod Zero from Ebay, wasn't sure if
    > it was a boot when he bid on it. But when he got it, he found that
    > it wouldn't save his games.

    If you buy *any* video game cart not licensed by the parent company, chances
    are 99.9991% it won't save. Chances are slightly lower that the actual
    plastic of the cart will warp and no longer fit into the cartridge slot. If
    you find a bootleg cart, never pay more than $5 for it, as the only reason
    to own one is the novelty of the thing.

    --
    Deep Thought

Console Gaming Games Gameboy Video Nintendo Electronic Video Games Product