many games on one cartridge?

Last response: in Video Games
August 9, 2004 6:20:17 PM

Hi...

I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..

They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
them: 50, 150, 200+

These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
the 200+ cartridge was $150...

what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?

S.

More about : games cartridge

August 9, 2004 6:51:31 PM

They are bootleg cartridges, usually with one ore two GBA games on it, with
a smattering of NES games. $150 is insanely high.

If you want NES games that bad, your better off finding a flash cart.

"S.K." <sgold1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Hi...
>
> I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
> went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
>
> They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
> them: 50, 150, 200+
>
> These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
> the 200+ cartridge was $150...
>
> what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
>
> S.

Anonymous
August 12, 2004 2:40:09 AM

> Hi...
>
> I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
> went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
>
> They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
> them: 50, 150, 200+
>
> These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
> the 200+ cartridge was $150...
>
> what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
>
> S.

Yeah, someone I knew at school came back from Pakistan with one of those
"bootlegged" cartridges from a flee market. You know, those places where
you haggle down the market trader from a ridicules starting price...

Anyway, this particular game Pak contained full versions of Yoshi's Island
and Advance Wars together with a whole host of old SNES and NES games, most
of which were not that great.
But for 150 games, working out the total cost after currency exchange rate,
he paid £45 pounds...

He then brought the thing back to the UK, which of course is smuggling and
totally illegal...
August 13, 2004 9:10:49 PM

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:20:17 +0000, S.K. wrote:

> Hi...
>
> I was in San Francisco, walking around Fisherman's wharf yesterday and I
> went into one of those electronics/prey on tourist stores..
>
> They had a few gba games that they said had various numbers of games on
> them: 50, 150, 200+
>
> These, they said, were the regular full versions of these games, and that
> the 200+ cartridge was $150...
>
> what's the story with these? can you get them anywhere online?
>
> S.

Not only are the counterfeit, their quality is suspect at best. A friend
of mine got a boot of Metriod Zero from Ebay, wasn't sure if it was a boot
when he bid on it. But when he got it, he found that it wouldn't save his
games.

Buyer Beware!
Anonymous
August 16, 2004 8:46:20 AM

Les B. Labbauf <broeht@netscape.net> wrote:
> Not only are the counterfeit, their quality is suspect at best. A
> friend of mine got a boot of Metriod Zero from Ebay, wasn't sure if
> it was a boot when he bid on it. But when he got it, he found that
> it wouldn't save his games.

If you buy *any* video game cart not licensed by the parent company, chances
are 99.9991% it won't save. Chances are slightly lower that the actual
plastic of the cart will warp and no longer fit into the cartridge slot. If
you find a bootleg cart, never pay more than $5 for it, as the only reason
to own one is the novelty of the thing.

--
Deep Thought