HP Compaq Centrino 1.5 512MB Wifi Laptop. QUALITY?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 26, 2005 10:47:53 PM

I just purchased a HP Compaq Centrino 1.5 512MB Wifi Laptop. How is the
long term quality of Compaq machines these days? My wife had one Compaq and
the screen gave out after just five years. (on the other hand, it's
outdated now!)
Thanks.
-Pete
May 27, 2005 3:30:01 PM

I buy a new laptop every 3 years or the end of the warranty
5 years on a laptop is very good
"Pete" <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I just purchased a HP Compaq Centrino 1.5 512MB Wifi Laptop. How is the
>long term quality of Compaq machines these days? My wife had one Compaq and
>the screen gave out after just five years. (on the other hand, it's
>outdated now!)
> Thanks.
> -Pete

May 27, 2005 11:00:26 PM

Thanks for the input!
During that time the Compaq got daily use, so I guess that's just the way it
is.
-Pete

"BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I buy a new laptop every 3 years or the end of the warranty
> 5 years on a laptop is very good
> "Pete" <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I just purchased a HP Compaq Centrino 1.5 512MB Wifi Laptop. How is the
>>long term quality of Compaq machines these days? My wife had one Compaq
>>and the screen gave out after just five years. (on the other hand, it's
>>outdated now!)
>> Thanks.
>> -Pete

June 5, 2005 5:35:11 PM

"Pete" <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:D 7Kle.830$NQ6.542@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com...
> Thanks for the input!
> During that time the Compaq got daily use, so I guess that's just the way
> it is.
> -Pete
>

> "BigJim" <woody10277@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I buy a new laptop every 3 years or the end of the warranty
>> 5 years on a laptop is very good
>> "Pete" <Pete@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>I just purchased a HP Compaq Centrino 1.5 512MB Wifi Laptop. How is the
>>>long term quality of Compaq machines these days? My wife had one Compaq
>>>and the screen gave out after just five years. (on the other hand, it's
>>>outdated now!)
>>> Thanks.
>>> -Pete

I got my compaq yesterday, and am generally satisfied. The screen isn't as
sharp as other brands though.
!