Sign in with
Your question

Need help with new graphics card

Last response: in Systems
May 27, 2011 12:32:27 AM

Have had to swap back to my old computer and am needing some help with it. It's primarily a wow computer so was not aiming for the highest quality stuff. The comp is an Dell Insiron 530. It has an E7400 cpu, 6gb of ram and a 1tb harddrive. It had a gforce 9400 graphics card in it before and i was getting really really crappy frames, using below low macros and only getting about 15-20 frames in populated or raid zones and sometimes getting some major spikes of frozen-ness. So i went out and got a saphire 512mb 5670 graphics card and slapped it in there expecting some better results. I put it in and logged in and...the exact the same frames as before. So i went out and overclocked it using the ati catalyst control center and got it as high as i could without my computer shutting down. Unfortunatly still the same frames and an added bonus of some random technicolor triangles across the screen aswell. i was wondering if anyone could help me solve the issue.

More about : graphics card

a b U Graphics card
May 27, 2011 1:50:56 AM

You know Wow is cpu driven right? See if theres anything you can do with your chip to help, but I'd also get a 5770 in there too
Moto
May 27, 2011 11:26:21 PM

ya i understand alot of wow is cpu driven but the former gtx 9400 was def something that would hold it back as well, and a graphics card update as significant, although not to the best of the best graphics cards, was still about a 2x performance jump and there should be some differences, i would think. and that still does not explain the technicolor triangles that went across my screen too.
a b U Graphics card
May 28, 2011 7:36:25 AM

In your graphics tab on WoW they now 'recommend' settings based on your pc's hardware, I'd doublecheck those to make sure your set up ok,
personally I drop shadows and sunshafts right down, I hate them and it puts more stress on your system,
check the settings and post back mate,
The triangles are a sign your cards pushed too far and is starting to struggle, I'd lose the overclock on it for now
Moto
!