Dell 1545 laptop not starting and shows an error \

ann_85_11

Honorable
May 9, 2012
Dell 1545 laptop not starting and shows an error " Memory write/read failure at 3105E948. read 05EB05EA expecting 05EA05EA. To resolve this issue try to reset the memory. Decreasing available memory". How do u reset the memory. Please help. Have some important data in there.

scorpio123_11

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
Hello ,

My name is Manish and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. It appears to be an issue with Dell 1545 laptop not starting and shows an error.

Method 1: Safe Mode
I would suggest you to try to start your computer in ‘Safe Mode’. Follow the steps provided in the below link to boot the computer to ‘Safe Mode’:

Method 2: System Restore
If you are able to start the computer in ‘Safe Mode’, you can try to do a System Restore on your computer.

Method 3: Start up Repair using WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment)
If above method fails to resolve the issue, I would suggest you to start a startup repair on your computer.

a)Remove all floppy disks, CDs, and DVDs from your computer, and then restart your computer using the computer's power button.
b)Do one of the following:

a.If your computer has a single operating system installed, press and hold the F8 key as your computer restarts. You need to press F8 before the Windows logo appears. If the Windows logo appears, you need to try again by waiting until the Windows logon prompt appears, and then shutting down and restarting your computer.

b.If your computer has more than one operating system, use the arrow keys to highlight the operating system you want to repair, and then press and hold F8.

c)On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight Repair your computer, and then press Enter. (If Repair your computer isn't listed as an option, then your computer doesn't include preinstalled recovery options, or your network administrator has turned them off.)

d)Select a keyboard layout, and then click next.

e)On the System Recovery Options menu, click Startup Repair to open it.

Hope that would resolve the issue and you need not have to spent a $.

Thanks,
Dell-Manish C