Playing NINTENDO right before killing his wife

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Right before Mark Hacking killed his wife he was PLAYING NINTENDO!

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040809_1504.html

http://canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040809/CPW/28936023

QUOTE:

Murder charge is filed against husband of missing Utah woman

TRAVIS REED

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A first-degree murder charge was filed Monday
against Mark Hacking, who allegedly confessed to relatives that he
shot his sleeping wife in the head and threw her body in a trash bin.

A probable-cause statement released Monday states that Hacking told
his brothers that he and his wife had been arguing the night of July
18 when he revealed to her that he had lied about his education and
future plans.

Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
Nintendo. As he continued packing for the couple's planned move to the
medical school at North Carolina, he came across a .22-calibre rifle,
walked into the couple's bedroom and shot his wife, according to the
probable-cause statement.

radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) wrote in news:51488ce2.0408091800.323ccfe2
@posting.google.com:

> Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
> Nintendo. As he continued packing for the couple's planned move to the
> medical school at North Carolina, he came across a .22-calibre rifle,
> walked into the couple's bedroom and shot his wife, according to the
> probable-cause statement.

PLEASE tell me he was playing something like Kirby or Pikmin. I'd love
to see the media try to connect those two games to psychotic behavior,
instead of Resident Evil, Halo, or everyone's favorite, Doom.

"Yes, clearly spending the night uprooting little cartoon plants turned
him into a killer. This is what happens when you don't watch Jerry
Springer and NASCAR like normal people. Ban those games!"

--

Aaron J. Bossig

http://www.GodsLabRat.com
http://www.dvdverdict.com

R420 wrote:

> Right before Mark Hacking killed his wife he was PLAYING NINTENDO!
>

> http://abcnews.go.com/wire/US/ap20040809_1504.html
>

> http://canadaeast.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040809/CPW/28936023
>

> QUOTE:
>
> Murder charge is filed against husband of missing Utah woman
>
> TRAVIS REED
>
> SALT LAKE CITY (AP) - A first-degree murder charge was filed Monday
> against Mark Hacking, who allegedly confessed to relatives that he
> shot his sleeping wife in the head and threw her body in a trash bin.
>

> A probable-cause statement released Monday states that Hacking told
> his brothers that he and his wife had been arguing the night of July
> 18 when he revealed to her that he had lied about his education and
> future plans.
>
> Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
> Nintendo. As he continued packing for the couple's planned move to the
> medical school at North Carolina, he came across a .22-calibre rifle,
> walked into the couple's bedroom and shot his wife, according to the
> probable-cause statement.

Nothing to do with him finding a gun then...

Besides, the link between games and killings is way overrated imo. Even
then recent Manhunt link to a killing is pushing it imo.

OMG, I just lost the last race on Mario Kart, I best go kill someone! :eek:/

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Vitani <inativ@tfosxft.moc> wrote in news:t90Sc.700$FA4.270@newsfe4-
gui.ntli.net:

> Besides, the link between games and killings is way overrated imo. Even
> then recent Manhunt link to a killing is pushing it imo.

Especially as the police revealed that it was the victim who owned the copy
of Manhunt, and not the killer...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?section_name=pub&aid=3918

--
Santa is very jolly because he knows where all the bad girls live.
- Dennis Miller

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

> Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
> Nintendo. As he continued packing for the couple's planned move to the
> medical school at North Carolina, he came across a .22-calibre rifle,
> walked into the couple's bedroom and shot his wife, according to the
> probable-cause statement.

I love how he "came across a .22-calibre rifle"... Like someone left it
there accidentally... puhleese

mctnguy wrote:

>>Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
>>Nintendo. As he continued packing for the couple's planned move to the
>>medical school at North Carolina, he came across a .22-calibre rifle,
>>walked into the couple's bedroom and shot his wife, according to the
>>probable-cause statement.
>

> I love how he "came across a .22-calibre rifle"... Like someone left it
> there accidentally... puhleese

Yeah, that was my favorite part. These days we try to paint everyone
as a victim; even a murderer in this case. The gun just happened to
be there. And he just accidentally picked it up. And then it just
loaded itself magically. And then somehow the trigger was pulled.
Aimed at his wife's head.

We simply must stop blaming everything under the sun except the person
who did the killing. It's not the video game's fault. It's not the
gun's fault. It's the fault of the person who murdered another person.

On 9 Aug 2004 19:00:25 -0700, radeonr420@yahoo.com (R420) thought hard
and said:

>Lori Hacking later went to bed, and Mark Hacking stayed up to play
>Nintendo.

He probably played Animal Crossing.
--
-Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 16 A.A. #2035
Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube,alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,uk.games.video.gamecube (More info?)

Clearly all videogames should be banned, it's the only reasonable response.

--

"One must conclude that, contrary to the established and current wisdom,
a scenario describing the genesis of life on earth by chance and natural

--Hubert P. Yockey, Journal of Theoretical Biology

mctnguy <cmoonman@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote:

> I love how he "came across a .22-calibre rifle"... Like someone left
> it there accidentally... puhleese

You of all people should know that the coffee table is an active weapon
spawn point... MORON.

--
Deep Thought