Asus P8Z68 Pro Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

tm_nv

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Greetings all;
Well here I am looking for updates and I see that I am a few revisions behind on the Bios. I am currently using Bios version 1101.
And I see that this board is up to version 3304. So my question is should I update it? and if so do I need to install the intel engine management system driver, and the rapid storage driver? Admittedly the rapid storage driver should be no since I am NOT, repeat NOT running a raid config nor a SSD. But you guys would know better.

Now I am simply doing driver updates. There are no issues with this setup, just occasional crashes to desktops while running dragon age. The first one, ( redoing playthroughs getting achievements that sort of thing). No other issues with any other game, not that I am playing allot but there it is.
This setup it a mish mash of 4 years to 2 months, obsvously the newer parts are a few months and the rest is just old.

Current setup as it stands right now:
Mainboard: Asus P8Z68 Pro Bios version 1101 <- hence the question
CPU: intel i7 2600k
CPU cooler: CoolerMaster V8 (air)
GPU: Single Saphire AMD HD 7850 2Gig
Powersupply: CoolerMaster Extreme 650 <- approaching end of life currently 4 years old, (Am I lucky with this one? I guess not many seem to like this one) expect request for input on power supply upgrade at a later time, not now though.

Sound : Creative Xfi extreme gammer 64 meg PCI card. Old, been with me for some time, but if it aint broke you get the idea.
Memory: Gskill F3-12800CL8 4x4 16Gig total
Case: CoolerMaster CM690
HardDrive: Single Western Digital 500gig 7200 RPM
OS: windows 7 64bit Pro Retail box DVD both 64 bit and 32bit. 64 bit installed. (I needed the legal license, and upgrade path)

Not currently overclocked.
I wait untill after the first year before I start overclocking for buissness reasons. This machine needs to do more than play games.

Solution
I used the Asus utility, and it went well.

I would suggest downloading the BIOS to a directory on your computer, instead of using the utility to download it also

tm_nv

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you on the bios as I usually keep it up to date. But I do not have a bootable device (ie floppy, USB stick, Nor CD) where I can flash the safe way. I would have to use the Asus Windows based flasher, not sure how I feel about that since the last time I used one that powersupply and case were running a Q660 on a abit ip35 pro and the flash did not go well.
But That was Abit and Windows XP SP3. This one might be better. Has anyone used it? Did it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.