Dell power edge sc1600

harold_88

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
i have a display problem and have tried all the basic IT technician steps but none of them work. i have no display card, so ignore the above sub-category.

it uses an on-board graphic card slot...
i get a black screen when powering up the machine which was working perfectly yesterday. I'm not sure what has caused this problem but it's becoming a situations and i don't like situations.

have remove the the memory and i do get a beeping sound, have taken out all cables but still no solution and have tried to solve the problem as if it was a MAC machine by holding in the power switch for a while and inserting the power cable at the same time. where do one get the hardware manual for this products :sarcastic:?
:sarcastic:

harold_88

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011

...reply people

geraldfryjr

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
Mine did the same thing.
video card doesn't work as well.
took the whole thing apart and cleaned it reseated the cpu's and still nothing.

Upon inspection I found a pin hole (I mean tiny) burn spot on the ethernet chip which is located right in between the bus system and the on board graphic chip.
It does get slightly warm.

If had a smt desolder tool I would have tried removing the chip hoping it would come alive again ,but I don't.

I found some replacement motherboards for $100 to $200.

Sadly enough ,IMO, it just isn't worth the investment and I had just replaced the power supply 4 months ago,with a brand new dell part no less . jer