Sign in with
Your question

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe DDR400 Wintec issue

Last response: in Motherboards
May 10, 2012 6:48:14 AM

Hi,
I just recently did a build with an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe motherboard.
Parts:

Processor: AMD Opteron 180 Dual Core 2.4 Ghz

Memory: Wintec DDR400 (4 x 1024)

Video Card: Nvidia GeFORCE Pony 7900 GTX 528 MB

HDD: 1 PATA WD2500 Caviar 250 gigs
3 Sata WD2500 Caviar 250 gigs each

Power Supply: Antec 500 Watt PSU

OSes: Windows 7 Ultimate & Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Now I keep getting crash dumps, I have tried tweaking the memory and everything I could think of for the past 3 weeks or so since I put this together. I installed all the drivers and everything, also installed a brand BIOS chip with current BIOS revision, which the chip seems to have helped a little, but has not eliminated this problem. It seems to happen when windows update is running or listening to music. Sometimes it just shuts down without BSOD. This has really become an annoying problem, I am strongly considering on getting new ram soon, but before that I want to see if there is some alternative to that or maybe if I have overlooked something. I do not really use my windows partition that much, but would like to be able to use it without getting these annoying errors. I have run memtest several times, before the new chip I used to get errors all the time! Once I installed the new one they seemed to go away. I will admit I got a little bit bold and decided to toy with the ram settings, but if errors occurred I would reset to default settings. Several times I did reset cmos, but now this issue just getting worse it seems. Any advice and or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. Also if you need my specs from bios or w/e ask I will post.
May 10, 2012 9:14:06 AM

Well I did some research, I stupidly disabled paging under advanced, for the virtual memory, and found that I am not getting adequate power also. If I rev my system too high seems to cause issues. Knock on wood, the bsod days might be gone. Still any input would be again highly appreciated. I am a bit beginner at this sort of thing, going the trial and error of custom builds.
m
l
!