Sign in with
Your question

[Graphics Card] Need New AGP Card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 17, 2011 1:51:28 PM

My e-GeForce 7600 GT, 512MB died. I went on a grand quest to get a new card, and after much searching found one, bought it, then found out about the difference between AGP's, PCI's, and PCI-e's. While I started out as a young, knowledge-less shopper, I have grown in experience. But I give up. It's been several moths since I've been able to use my computer, and I just want a videocard. I know my computer is out of date, but I don't have the money to upgrade, so I am seeking help. the run down:

Computer will be use for Gaming, Web surfing, and Netflix watching, video editing, 3D modeling, and Video-game Modding.

I would like it to be Dual monitor suporting.

I was using a flat screen TV as the main monitor with 1950/something resolution. I would like to continue doing this.

The e-GeForce 7600 GT, 512MB says it's an AGP, though, acording to this picture it looks like a PCI with a hook to the left.

I currently have a random videocard from another computer, but while the plugs look exactly like the AGP from the above picture (and being a super card around three years ago) it refuses to go above 1020/something resolutions, and won't run any games. Could my mother board be going bad?

I'm willing to spend up to $50 on a card, including the shipping. If something more expensive is mandatory, then go ahead and list it.

That's all I got for now. Thanks.

More about : graphics card agp card

a b U Graphics card
March 17, 2011 2:51:31 PM

I'm not a fan of ebay, but in your case it's your best chance to get a decent GPU at an affordable price. A short look and this one seems to fit what you want for about $15 + shipping. Performance should be about the same as your old 7600GT. Newer graphic cards using the AGP socket (4670, 4650,3850) are too expensive. Please use caution and do a little research before you order any card.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Radeon-X850-PRO-256-MB-8x-AGP-U...
m
l
March 17, 2011 2:52:32 PM

Both Nvidia and AMD have stopped producing AGP cards in recent generations as the market has ended for them.

This also means picking one up can be expensive as stocks are limited, even though by today's standard they are extremely underpowered.

The most powerful AGP made was the Radeon 4670; this may be outside of your budget, but will be the end all for AGP systems. Also the Radeon 4650 may be an option
m
l
!