Class action suit against HP for DV laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean_v_70

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
I have and HP 1232nr DV7 I had the computer going on about 2yrs. I have physically used the computer for about a year. Turned it on and the screen was black. I got power to the laptop but nothing on the screen. There is a light on the caplock and number lock that blinks 4 times. With a little research, it was determined to be the graphic card not functioning properly. With a little research it was determined that this is a common problem with the DV series. If HP knew of this problem, how come it was not corrected???? I am a freelance graphic artist and use the laptop for all of my work!!

Is it still under warranty? I always recommend getting a warranty on a laptop equal to how long you want the laptop to last, as it seems very few laptops are really built to last. The smaller and more compact something is, the hotter it will run, the shorter it will live.

Joanne_31

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011

Well I'm glad that I'm not the only one with that problem. I bought My DV7 in June of 09and it did the same thing twice in the past two months. The second time I sent it in the sent it back untouched. It did exactly the same thing it did when I sent it in same blinking lights you have. I went and bought a new laptop for the same reason as you, I need it for work. What got me is they right away started asking me if I dropped it or spilled something on it. They want to find a reason to not honor the warranty. I spent $ 200 on that warranty and they are gonna honor it. I will continue to send it back until I either get a new one out of them or they fix it!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.