Managing memory usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

blanklink

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello,
I'm trying to change how much of my ram my Graphics is using. i have an AMD A8 3870 APU with radeon HD 6550D. im using an ASUS F1 A75-m Pro board. but i cant find the settings in the BIOS

Solution
To be honest, since you are using a dedicated GPU, the IGP isn't going to be active most of the time, so unless you are noticing a hit in performance you should be fine. 8GB will probably give you a little bit of a boost, but not a whole lot unless you are using Memory intensive software (HD Video Editing, 3D Rendering, Heavy Photoshop...)

Also, keep in mind that if you jump above 4GB you will need to reinstall a 64bit version of Windows (if you don't already have it)
To be honest, since you are using a dedicated GPU, the IGP isn't going to be active most of the time, so unless you are noticing a hit in performance you should be fine. 8GB will probably give you a little bit of a boost, but not a whole lot unless you are using Memory intensive software (HD Video Editing, 3D Rendering, Heavy Photoshop...)

Also, keep in mind that if you jump above 4GB you will need to reinstall a 64bit version of Windows (if you don't already have it)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.