Battery replacement DESPERATELY needed!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 27, 2005 11:33:05 PM

I have a Sharp Actius PC-RD10 laptop for which the battery has died
almost completely.

I've searched far and wide (local and web) and cannot find a battery
replacement.

Sharp's site does not even list my laptop model, and I haven't heard
back from support online. Circuit City which sold the laptop to me does
not supply replacement batteries and suggested Sharp (dead end). I then
tried a store which sells nothing but batteries of all types including
laptop batteries. I've tried to 'google' it also to no avail.

I will call you my new best friend, and send flowers and candy if
anyone can help me find a replacement battery for this model laptop.

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2005 6:17:37 PM

You may have to rebuild the old battery with new cells. What is the
technology (NiCad, NiMH or Lithium)?

topwebchoice@yahoo.com wrote:

> I have a Sharp Actius PC-RD10 laptop for which the battery has died
> almost completely.
>
> I've searched far and wide (local and web) and cannot find a battery
> replacement.
>
> Sharp's site does not even list my laptop model, and I haven't heard
> back from support online. Circuit City which sold the laptop to me does
> not supply replacement batteries and suggested Sharp (dead end). I then
> tried a store which sells nothing but batteries of all types including
> laptop batteries. I've tried to 'google' it also to no avail.
>
> I will call you my new best friend, and send flowers and candy if
> anyone can help me find a replacement battery for this model laptop.
>
> Thanks in advance!

May 28, 2005 6:17:38 PM

> topwebchoice@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> I have a Sharp Actius PC-RD10 laptop for which the battery has died
> almost completely.
>
> I've searched far and wide (local and web) and cannot find a battery
> replacement.
>
> Sharp's site does not even list my laptop model, and I haven't heard
> back from support online. Circuit City which sold the laptop to me does
> not supply replacement batteries and suggested Sharp (dead end). I then
> tried a store which sells nothing but batteries of all types including
> laptop batteries. I've tried to 'google' it also to no avail.
>
> I will call you my new best friend, and send flowers and candy if
> anyone can help me find a replacement battery for this model laptop.
>
> Thanks in advance!

How about

http://www.ebatts.com/sharp_actius-pc-rd10_laptop_acces...
found this one with google and your model you listed in the first
paragraph. Hope it helps!

Lee
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2005 8:11:36 PM

Lee wrote:

>> topwebchoice@yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>> I have a Sharp Actius PC-RD10 laptop for which the battery has died
>> almost completely.
>>
>> I've searched far and wide (local and web) and cannot find a battery
>> replacement.
>>
>> Sharp's site does not even list my laptop model, and I haven't heard
>> back from support online. Circuit City which sold the laptop to me does
>> not supply replacement batteries and suggested Sharp (dead end). I then
>> tried a store which sells nothing but batteries of all types including
>> laptop batteries. I've tried to 'google' it also to no avail.
>>
>> I will call you my new best friend, and send flowers and candy if
>> anyone can help me find a replacement battery for this model laptop.
>>
>> Thanks in advance!
>

> How about
>
> http://www.ebatts.com/sharp_actius-pc-rd10_laptop_acces...
> found this one with google and your model you listed in the first
> paragraph. Hope it helps!

I do wish you people would actually check the site instead of just assuming
because Google finds it that they actually have what the OP is looking for.
If you actually _read_ the page you linked you'll find that for every
category of battery they say "we have not yet identified" a battery of that
kind for that machine.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

I think it is a lithium battery. I would not know where to go for help
to rebuild it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 29, 2005 10:32:20 PM

secret squiddle wrote:

> http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptopsforless/ce-bl23.html

Says it works in an MM-10 or MM-20. What leads you to believe that it works
in an RD-10?

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 30, 2005 4:42:48 AM

Here is some information about what is involved in doing a rebuild:

http://www.gatetek.com/dellbatt.html

If you still hope to find a new battery pack, it would help if you posted
the model number. The same type of battery might be used by other laptop
models.

<topwebchoice@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I think it is a lithium battery. I would not know where to go for help
> to rebuild it.

May 30, 2005 7:50:21 AM

>I have a Sharp Actius PC-RD10 laptop for which the battery has died
> almost completely.
>
> I've searched far and wide (local and web) and cannot find a battery
> replacement.
>
> Sharp's site does not even list my laptop model, and I haven't heard
> back from support online. Circuit City which sold the laptop to me does
> not supply replacement batteries and suggested Sharp (dead end). I then
> tried a store which sells nothing but batteries of all types including
> laptop batteries. I've tried to 'google' it also to no avail.
>
> I will call you my new best friend, and send flowers and candy if
> anyone can help me find a replacement battery for this model laptop.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Try here your model is listed...
http://www.batterycanada.com/sharp_laptop.htm

hope this helps
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2005 8:13:16 AM

The battery remains difficult to find. It is Sharp model "CE-BL26"
according to Circuit City (who sold me the laptop). It is supposed to
be 6,000 maH and 11.1v.

Dont know if that info will help me find it; I tried to google the
model number with no joy.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2005 1:22:45 PM

topwebchoice@yahoo.com stated:

>It is _supposed_ to be...(my emphasis)

"Supposed to be" won't get it. Pull the battery if need be, get the
actual specs and run them thru "Find My Battery" at

www.batteryrefill.com

HTH,
John T
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 1, 2005 7:49:45 PM

| The battery remains difficult to find. It is Sharp model "CE-BL26"
| according to Circuit City (who sold me the laptop). It is supposed to
| be 6,000 maH and 11.1v.
|
| Dont know if that info will help me find it; I tried to google the
| model number with no joy.

Google'ing the battery number brings up three Japanese sites. When
translated (by Google), at least one is a site where a replacement can be
put into a shopping cart.

Click on the link I made to the aforementioned site (a shortened URL for the
translation by Google) ...

http://tinyurl.com/8399r

... and scroll down to Sharp CE-BL26 and you see an icon on the right to add
the battery to a shopping cart.

I have no idea how far you could get through the site with Google's
translation feature.

Jef
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
November 7, 2008 6:43:22 PM

http://www.batteryrebuild.com/laptops/sharp/Sharp_CE-BL...

Sharp Model Number : CE-BL26
Chemistry : Li-Ion
Volts : 10.8/11.1 Volt
Manufacture Capacity (mAh) : 6000mAh/6.0Ahr
After Refill Capacity : 6600mAh/6.6Ahr
Refill Price :
$89 - On Sale!!!
30 Day Money Back Guarantee

Purchase Price :
You don't need to send your battery
Genuine Manufacture's Battery $189 - Sale while supplies last
30 Day Money Back Guarantee

in the remote case u still need it

WIL
January 8, 2009 4:06:45 PM

On November 7, 2008, after a 3-1/2 year lull in postings on this topic, lo and behold this CE-BL26 battery is offered by BatteryRebuild (aka eBattery, aka BatteryRefill). And the best part about it is that you don't have to send your dead battery to them in order to get this refilled one!

What's really neat about the whole deal is that it is most likely MY battery, which I sent to BatteryRefill in early July 2008. I cancelled my order in late October 2008 after repeated assurances that I would be getting it "soon". I was able to get my money back from Amex. What helped was evidence that BatteryRefill had given me a new ship date in October, so I was within the 45-day period starting with that new date.

Check out the following link:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/eBattery_Inc_8

It confirms that there are countless Better Business Bureau complaints against this company.

I wouldn't touch them with a 10-million-foot pole.

VFL
Pittsburgh, PA
November 8, 2010 1:46:35 AM

I found that I couldn't use the battery for my Dell laptop after having it for 2 years, so I checked out the web and looked for a cheap battery replacement. I found http://www.laptopplus.com.au/ very useful. They delivered my purchase a day after I ordered. I've been using the battery to this day. I'm very happy with the service.

Zelle
Australia
!