Can this mobo support this?

15 answers Last reply
More about mobo support this
  1. Yes. It will work just fine.
  2. that should be it fixed :)
  3. Is there much difference between the 6870 and the 560?
    also, the fans are so exspensive because i want good airflow and quiet.

also are all the parts compatible with the mobo i linked?

cheers
  4. Radeon HD 6870 and GTX 560 are basically identical as far as performance goes, most titles will see a difference of only 1 or 2 FPS one way or another when it comes to maximum framerates. The 6870 does deliver higher minimum framerates than the GTX 560 in most circumstances however, so the 6870 may provide a slightly smoother experience.
  5. Okay thats goods then, ill stick with the 6870.

as for the motherboard, can it support the parts i linked?
  6. so would the 9 series you linked support it all?
  7. Well im getting the xfx 6870 black edition the oc version with dual fans, awesome, is the board crossfire compatible? any other recomendations ?
  8. Yes the xfx 6870 will CF with another 6870, as long as your mobo and PSU support. Nice GPU, I use a Sapphire HD6870 in my main gaming rig and have been VERY happy with it.
  9. Well im currently selecting the parts to put my new build together, what resolution do you play at? :)
  10. nah its this card :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1gb-xfx-hd-6870-black-edition-4600mhz-gddr5-gpu-940mhz-1120-stream-processors-dvi-hdmi-mdp

its the dual fan edition. but its virtually the same just £10 more for quieter and better cooling :)
  11. TomProx said:
    Well im currently selecting the parts to put my new build together, what resolution do you play at? :)

1920x1080
  12. awesome, what kinda games do you play, and what fps you getting? :)
  13. My current favorite is Dragon Age II. I run the high texture maps and have all details at max. Game play is VERY smooth. I haven't checked FPS in a while. Will check later tonight and let you know.
  14. cheers mate thanks alot :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Support Motherboards