SLI 460 GTX or SLI 550 Ti

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
Hello,
I'm building a new system and I'm wondering which configuration will be more powerful?

460 GTX in SLI or 550 Ti in SLI?

A single decent card is Always the better investment even when total performance is less than the two card option. Take this advice from someone who has been doing sli for a long time now. A gtx 460 is the better investment for many reasons while saving sli as an option long down the road when they are cheaper.

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
Thank you for the input. I'm upgrading from a 3-year old single 9800GTX+. Although a single 460 GTX will be a fairly good upgrade, I feel as though it's not enough. Furthermore, my budget is around the $300-$400 for video cards, so from my understanding is that a SLI setup has more bang for the buck.

Therefore instead of going with a single 560 Ti (my original choice), I'm opting to go for the 460 GTX SLI option (also recommended by the latest video card review article).

So now that I know the 460s overpower the 550s, is there an even better option for the money?

Happydude

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

nforce4max:
I prefer EVGA for their warranty and build quality. I'll likely end up going with two 01G-P3-1371-AR cards which I can get for $190 each from tigerdirect.ca.

Granted, by the time I actually begin building the system, the prices will drop some more. I'm waiting until about June to start building this in order for all the LGA 1155 motherboards issues to recede and for all the good ones to come out with some benchmarks and reviews.