MSI Z77A-GD65 Ethernet Controller Code 10 Device Cannot Start

tchoua

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I've been putting together a new rig and found out that the ethernet controller is not working. It's been bothering me for the past few days. I'm thinking it might be the motherboard.

Anyways, I have a MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard with core i7 3770k running Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

I tried installing the device drivers that came with the MB disk. There is still a yellow exclamation point in device managers. When I open up the device properties, i see a "This device cannot start code 10" message. I also uninstalled and tried installing Windows generic Ethernet controller driver for windows 7 64 bit.

I also used CCleaner and reinstalled the lan network driver that came with the MB disk.

Is my motherboard defective?

Thanks,
Choua

KappieJ

Honorable
May 13, 2012
Hi Choua,

Same motherboard, same problem here.. I already tried installing the latest drivers, but no luck.
I also think the board is defective.

Have you found a solution maybe?

Thanks

Crilly

Honorable
May 14, 2012
I too have the same problem.

Tried all different drivers, tried updating the bios to the most recent version too.

No effect.

Anyone fixed it, or are the boards defective?

tchoua

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Update!!

I received my replacement board yesterday and it works fine. I'm not sure what was causing theissue with the ethernet port code 10 error but it's definitely related to the hardware.

Crilly

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Got my THIRD board today.

It worked fine sitting on a box,put it together in my case, ethernet controller isn't powered again.

WTF. I am disgusted with MSI.