Sign in with
Your question

MSI Z77A-GD65 Ethernet Controller Code 10 Device Cannot Start

Last response: in Motherboards
May 10, 2012 9:31:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I've been putting together a new rig and found out that the ethernet controller is not working. It's been bothering me for the past few days. I'm thinking it might be the motherboard.

Anyways, I have a MSI Z77A-GD65 Motherboard with core i7 3770k running Windows 7 pro 64 bit.

I tried installing the device drivers that came with the MB disk. There is still a yellow exclamation point in device managers. When I open up the device properties, i see a "This device cannot start code 10" message. I also uninstalled and tried installing Windows generic Ethernet controller driver for windows 7 64 bit.

I also used CCleaner and reinstalled the lan network driver that came with the MB disk.

Is my motherboard defective?

Thanks,
Choua
May 13, 2012 7:32:46 PM

Hi Choua,

Same motherboard, same problem here.. I already tried installing the latest drivers, but no luck.
I also think the board is defective.

Have you found a solution maybe?

Thanks
m
l
May 15, 2012 12:10:20 AM

I too have the same problem.

Tried all different drivers, tried updating the bios to the most recent version too.

No effect.

Anyone fixed it, or are the boards defective?
m
l
Related resources
May 15, 2012 5:43:47 AM

I'm gonna send mine back to the shop..
m
l
May 15, 2012 8:51:24 PM

Sorry guys, no solution either. I'm sending this one back and will get a new one.

Hopefully the 2nd one works and I'll update you guys.
m
l
May 17, 2012 5:02:29 PM

Update!!

I received my replacement board yesterday and it works fine. I'm not sure what was causing theissue with the ethernet port code 10 error but it's definitely related to the hardware.
m
l
May 18, 2012 9:43:01 PM

thanks for the update, sounds good. I RMA'd mine today. hope to get a new board next week... enjoy the new board!
m
l
May 21, 2012 7:31:56 PM

Got my THIRD board today.

It worked fine sitting on a box,put it together in my case, ethernet controller isn't powered again.

WTF. I am disgusted with MSI.
m
l
May 21, 2012 8:42:03 PM

Prematurely shot my wad on that one, I'm an idiot. Extra risers in my case were shorting it out.
m
l
!