Sony Vaio PCG-C1MGP RAM

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2005 6:48:18 AM

Hi,

I've just bought a Sony PCG-C1MGP which has been upgraded to 256mb of
ram.

I'd like to upgrade the ram further to 384mb or higher if possible,
does anybody know what type of ram it takes?

As far as i understand it's 144 pin 133mhz, however i've read that it's
not the normal type.

Ebuyer are selling some for around £30, does anyone have any
experiences with upgrading the RAM in this model?

Cheers,

Ian
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 28, 2005 8:01:33 PM

Brilliant!

Thanks for your reply,

Do you know if a 512mb stick will work?

E Brown wrote:
> On 28 May 2005 02:48:18 -0700, iannorton@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> >As far as i understand it's 144 pin 133mhz, however i've read that it's
> >not the normal type.
> >
> The C1-M was the first Picturebook to take "normal" RAM; it's the
> older models that use the weird NLA* stuff.
> Emanuel
> *No Longer Available
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 29, 2005 2:35:29 AM

On 28 May 2005 02:48:18 -0700, iannorton@gmail.com wrote:

>As far as i understand it's 144 pin 133mhz, however i've read that it's
>not the normal type.

The C1-M was the first Picturebook to take "normal" RAM; it's the
older models that use the weird NLA* stuff.
Emanuel
*No Longer Available
a b D Laptop
May 29, 2005 11:58:27 PM

On 28 May 2005 16:01:33 -0700, "Ian N" <iannorton@gmail.com> wrote:

>Brilliant!
>
>Thanks for your reply,
>
>Do you know if a 512mb stick will work?

Sorry, I don't know. All I've ever heard of other C1 users adding
is 256MB for a total of 384. Odd in a machine of that generation, now
that I think about it, but mine's older so my experience is limited.
You can try asking here:
http://www.farstand.com/cgi-bin/pcg-c1/Forum.exe
Emanuel
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 30, 2005 12:29:42 PM

On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:58:27 GMT, E Brown <epbrown01@att.net> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't know. All I've ever heard of other C1 users adding
>is 256MB for a total of 384. Odd in a machine of that generation, now
>that I think about it, but mine's older so my experience is limited.
>You can try asking here:
>http://www.farstand.com/cgi-bin/pcg-c1/Forum.exe

Speak of the devil - there's a recent post on that board that says
the C1M can't take larger than 256MB upgrades.
Emanuel
!