Closed Solved

How to undo RAID on a JMicron JMB322 controller

Hello,
How do you undo RAID on a JMicron JMB322 controller on a Asus P6T motherboard?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about undo raid jmicron jmb322 controller
  1. During BIOS post, a RAID screen should flash, I think to get into it you input <Ctrl>+<J>.

Let me check the manual. I have that board in my wife's PC.

Here is a link to the Asus website, the P6T page, so you can download the manual for yourself.
  2. Best answer
    No I was wrong.

Using the JMicron controller, it is software RAID. It's calles ASUS Drive Xpert.

This is set in the BIOS. It's starts on page 4-43 of the manual, if you installed the software for it.

Otherwise, just change the setting in the BIOS for the JMicron controller to Normal.

NOTE: YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE DISKS!

And why did you ever you that cr@ppy SATA controller?? I had nothing but problems with it, and the native Intel controller is better! Better speed, better RAID, better drivers, just better!
  3. foscooter said:
    No I was wrong.

Using the JMicron controller, it is software RAID. It's calles ASUS Drive Xpert.

This is set in the BIOS. It's starts on page 4-43 of the manual, if you installed the software for it.

Otherwise, just change the setting in the BIOS for the JMicron controller to Normal.

NOTE: YOU WILL LOOSE ALL THE INFORMATION ON THE DISKS!

And why did you ever you that cr@ppy SATA controller?? I had nothing but problems with it, and the native Intel controller is better! Better speed, better RAID, better drivers, just better!

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I did look it up & it was right there on the page you referenced. I'll be using the native Intel controller. Thanks, again!
  4. Best answer selected by pascualjr.
  5. This topic has been closed by Nikorr
Ask a new question

Read More

Chipsets Asus NAS / RAID Controller Motherboards