evilxerox

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
i currently have an nvidia gtx 285 with an intel 17 920 2833 mz and 12 gb ddr3 ram.... im looking to upgrade my graphics card because the gtx 285 runs super hot and i want to blow all the new games out of the water without worrying about overheating or anythnig

money isnt really an issue... but within reason i dont want to spend 1000 dollars on a single card..

so im just looking for some advice, should i go crossfire or sli? and if so what cards would be best? what kind of case and cooling solutions should i look at as well?? i have a crappy factory case right now and want to upgrade it to..

any advice is appreciated.. thanks guys!

Realistically speaking, the GTX 285 is still quite a decent, high end card. If it really is running too hot, I'd try to clean out the case/fans and try applying new thermal paste to the card first. If your graphics card is just simply not good enough for you anymore, then I suppose you'd have to upgrade. Firstly though, what PSU do you have, and when you say case and cooling solutions, what type of budget are you looking at there, and if your PSU needs an upgrade, how much will you spend on that?

Also, what type of motherboard do you have? I just want to see what type of options there are for CFX and SLI.

evilxerox

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
power supply is a 'delta'? 750 W

im guessing its from china or osmething i bought the computer pre built
mother board is
Gateway TBGM01 (1 PCI-E x4, 2 PCI-E x16, 6 DDR3 DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN)

i usually play at whatever resolution runs best.. if the computer isnt working to hard and not gtting to hot ill use that..

and im also not apposed to upgrading the power supply or the motherboard if i need to.

i mainly just want to the computer to run alot cooler and was looking into new graphics cards that done run so hot