P8z68-v gen/3 more than one dimm no post after ib

Hello,
I just got IB and the BIOS update going.
I can not boot with w DIMMS at all, just only 1 DIMM at a time.
Any ideas as to why?
11 answers Last reply
More about p8z68 dimm post
  1. What slots are you putting them in?
  2. If I try 1/3 and 2/4, it will not POST. There is one right now in slot 1, the one closest to the CPU.
  3. If you switch the sticks out 1 at a time, what happens?
  4. the new z77 and ib memory controller is a stickler for ram.if it not on the mb qal list it may post or it may not.
    i would see if your ram on the list if not if it under 30 days send it back and pick up a kit that on the list.
  5. itzdanielp said:
    If you switch the sticks out 1 at a time, what happens?

I will try that when I get home (around 3:30 PST)
  6. smorizio said:
    the new z77 and ib memory controller is a stickler for ram.if it not on the mb qal list it may post or it may not.
    i would see if your ram on the list if not if it under 30 days send it back and pick up a kit that on the list.

Here is the RAM I am using: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231426
    It was POSTING just fine before the BIOS/IB upgrade.
  7. I am assuming you are using BIOS build 3304 from 5/9/12?
  8. No, 3201, the first IB one. I will upgrade tonight, see if that will help.
  9. sounds good!
  10. Tried that, to no avail. It will boot just fine win one dummy in any slot, but add another and it will not post at all. Might contact Asus, try to rma it for a z77 board, or at least one that works.
    Funny thing is that it worked just fine before,when I had an Intel 2600 in it.
  11. it not the mb. there no memory controller on these new mb it inside the cpu. issues with ram not working from intel...is bent pin on the mb in the cpu socket. the cpu not seated all the way. the last is ram that does not meet intel spec for ib.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus BIOS DIMM Motherboards Product