Advice on Gaming Build

PeloCN

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: August or so

Budget Range: 1200 - 1400 after rebate

System Usage from Most to Least Important: High end gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies.

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Tigerdirect.com

Country of Origin: Argentina

Parts Preferences: by brand or type Intel & Nvidia

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe in a near future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case: Sentey Black Box Bx1.4284 2.3, feel fre to change it
(I can't find the product's page)

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 Intel P67 Motherboard
I'm not very sure about this one.

CPU: Intel Core i7 960
I'd also like a fan for the CPU, any help for that?

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 ti SC

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 3x4096MB

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB

Power Supply: Ultra X4 600-Watt Modular
Feel free to change that one too.

So, guys, do you think that fits on to the case? please tell me what would you change from that.

Solution
PeloCN I am sorry, I do not know who ships to Argentina. If tigerdirect does ship there then it sounds like tiger direct is the place.

I would still stick with the mobo, but go with a 2600k.

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
that i7 wont fit on that board those use x58's but those cpu's are old get an i5 2500k which oc's really well and easily and it performs on par or better than the 990x in gaming.that said-
mobo- asrock p67 extreme4
cpu- i5 2500k
ram- 8gb (2x4gb) corsair vengeance ram p67 boards only support dual channeling ram
hdd- samsung spinpoint f3 1tb (x2 for raid 0?) but one is fine
psu- corsair tx 750
case- http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4675290&Sku=T925-1321 or nzxt phantom or http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5569252&CatId=1509

PeloCN

Distinguished
May 28, 2011

Do you know any mobo that goes with that i7?

dbonetrain

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
PeloCN I am sorry, I do not know who ships to Argentina. If tigerdirect does ship there then it sounds like tiger direct is the place.

I would still stick with the mobo, but go with a 2600k.

Solution

mjmjpfaff

Distinguished
dont buy a 2600k you will be wasting your money because you wont use what it has to offer. the i5 2500k is perfect for you because you are not hard core video editing, using photoshop and things like that which need i7's hyperthreading. games can not use hyperthreading. neither can surfing the web or watching movies. because you are watching movies i think you should go with an amd card because they give a much better picture when it comes to movies

dbonetrain

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
I think the 100$ invested in a CPU would out last the 100$ invested in a Video Card. The videocard will drop prices as quickly as the next on comes out, and the peformance increases are bounds compaired to the CPUS.

I could see ATI releasing a HD7000 series in August.