Dec 28, 2011
I got an ASUS P5DL2-VM:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5LD2VM/

MSI G41M4-F:
http://www.msi.com/product/mb/G41M4-F.html

Which one is best for these specs, and also I'm using this for a gaming setup:

WIN7 PROFESSIONAL 32-bit
1.86 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Zotac Geforce GT 430 1gb
600watt psu
WD5000 500gb HDD

It would nice if I didn't get recommendations to get other hardware and would just get an answer and why, thanks :D .

P.S: should I upgrade to 64-bit? I know I should, but I still want to keep my stuff.

Solution
Unless you run programs which need 32 bit, there isn't any real reason to use that OS. I would personally prefer the Asus board (I won't go into total upgrade). Since the I/O's are identical but the Asus board does support more memory modules (whether it supports more actual ram I don't know but I would believe so). Everything else seems equal.
Unless you run programs which need 32 bit, there isn't any real reason to use that OS. I would personally prefer the Asus board (I won't go into total upgrade). Since the I/O's are identical but the Asus board does support more memory modules (whether it supports more actual ram I don't know but I would believe so). Everything else seems equal.

Solution
I have never played with clocks on an MSI board and a quick glance through the mobo manual didn't leave me with the impression much, if anything, can be OC'd that mobo. (I may have missed it though... but I don't think so - I looked through the BIOS section pretty good)
The Asus board does support OCing.

Chengc1

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Yeah, I know this ain't the topic, and I understand. I've done researching myself and no luck. Maybe I will just return the board and buy a new one. Do you have any recommendations for the mobo though?

Status
Not open for further replies.