Newegg says this doesnt take 1866 ram

Solution
I believe there is "no risk" if it's on the QVL. Means ASRock has tested that specific ram and found it to be stable at the listed clock speed, timings and voltage. If you find there are issues later with ram or mobo, it'll be because it is faulty, not because they just don't play well together.
I personally use the QVL religously and do treat it as gospel. I have had no ram issues since I started doing that... ram issues (I've had those) IMO can be among the hardest hardware problems to track down, I avoid at all costs starting with using the QVL.
I believe there is "no risk" if it's on the QVL. Means ASRock has tested that specific ram and found it to be stable at the listed clock speed, timings and voltage. If you find there are issues later with ram or mobo, it'll be because it is faulty, not because they just don't play well together.
I personally use the QVL religously and do treat it as gospel. I have had no ram issues since I started doing that... ram issues (I've had those) IMO can be among the hardest hardware problems to track down, I avoid at all costs starting with using the QVL.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.