Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading the card/CPU!

Last response: in Systems
May 28, 2011 8:11:24 AM

Well guys and gals I need some advice on what I should do.

Currently I have a 4 GB Ram, 5770, Phenom II x4 b55 CPU, I wanna say 500-600 WATZ ...most of it is Asus.

However, I plan on upgrading the card/CPU in the near future.

I need some advice on how to do so or what I should be looking for. 90% of the computer will be for video games like most Total War Games *Mostly recent*, Battlefield bad company 2, etc.

I looked up the Nvidia 580 Card which sounds really good *Al though people said while they play say black ops they max out 60 FPS which Im thinking FPS maxs out due to the CPU? not sure, still learning*.

I know if I get a 580 Nvidia...ill have to upgrade my power supply to about a 900 WATZ.

Hopefully I dont have to change the mother board lol.

The CPU I am thinking of getting a Dual Cord I believe, which I think is best for more of the gaming stand point, so I am thinking of Intel, Intel sounds really good, maybe an Intel I5 or I7.

Well any advice will be much appreciate...I am still going over my price range but I do plan on spending about 600$ for the card + the CPU I know the card is a big deal, and how exactly does the CPU come into video game activity?

More about : upgrading card cpu

a b B Homebuilt system
a c 83 à CPUs
May 28, 2011 8:34:02 AM

Monitor resolution?
m
l
a b à CPUs
May 28, 2011 4:47:19 PM

lentyski said:

I looked up the Nvidia 580 Card which sounds really good *Al though people said while they play say black ops they max out 60 FPS which Im thinking FPS maxs out due to the CPU? not sure, still learning*.

It maxed out at 60 FPS because VSync was enbaled. If you turned it off, it would go higher but might cause screen tearing.
m
l
May 28, 2011 5:36:26 PM

Oh ok :p ...I didn't know that so either you have a "might" at screen tearing or if you turn it off..all it goes up to is 60 FPS?

And my reso is 1920 x 1080
m
l
!