Future Gaming Rig For 1k, as per the wife.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Approximate Purchase Date: 3rd of June, I gotta wait for my check to come in so I do not dip into my savings.

Budget Range: ~1000 before taxes, shipping, and excluding rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming ( Diablo 3, Battlefield 3, and StarWars the Old Republic )

Parts Not Required: Case, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse,

Parts Required: Mobo, CPU, GPU, RAM, PSU

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com

Country of Origin: I am confused? I am in Germany, but what ever meets the budget with best performance for price. I have an APO which lowers shipping.

Parts Preferences: I am not partial to any brands, as long as they bring the performance.
Overclocking: Yes
SLI or Crossfire: No
Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Additional Comments: I wanna run D3, BF3, and SWTOR at max settings.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what I have found so far, and as it sits fits nicely minus taxes. I could work with the taxes and shipping for this.

Motherboard: $159.99
ASRock P67 EXTREME4 B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gbs USB 3.0 ATX Intel

CPU: $224.99
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3Ghz

CPU Cooler: $39.99
Cooler Master Hyper 212

GPU: $349.99
XFX HD 6970 2GB 256bit GDDR5

RAM: $79.99
G.SKILL Ripjaw 8GB (2x4gb) DDR3 1333

PSU: $109.99
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

HDD: $34.99
Seagate 250GB 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gbs

Total Cost : $999.93

The HDD is not absolutely needed, and if something else needs to soak up 35$ for more peformance I can not get the HDD. If anyone can find any more performance while staying under 1000$ that would be awesome.
2 answers Last reply
More about future gaming wife
  1. I tought that newegg didn't ship into Europe.
  2. spirituals said:
    I tought that newegg didn't ship into Europe.

I have an APO address since I am in the military, and luckily, they do ship to that. :D That was my biggest worry being stationed in Germany.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product