GTX 460 1GB vs EVGA GTX 285 1GB

Solution
At that res, even a 460 will be overkill! Why don't you get yourself a higher res monitor first? A monitor upgrade is the single best upgrade. Once you get there, consider getting a new GPU.

If you still wanna get a better GPU for that res, go with the GTS450.

Also, there 'is' a huge difference between DX10 and DX11.........there's no denying that! Is the difference worth the upgrade, well 'that' is a different question which is based purely on personal opinions.

benski

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Well then get a 285, it seems like you had your mind made up before you posted here. I'm sure you have a 130 hz monitor so enjoy those extra FPS in old DX9 games and feel confident that you have made the right decision despite every other person here telling you differently. And yes I know I'm an asshole.

armystrong

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2010

lol your not an ass hole i probly started oon as a dick so i am sy if i was mean or rude but i will only be playing at res of 1278x78 becasue i ahve a bad monitor

namelessonez

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
At that res, even a 460 will be overkill! Why don't you get yourself a higher res monitor first? A monitor upgrade is the single best upgrade. Once you get there, consider getting a new GPU.

If you still wanna get a better GPU for that res, go with the GTS450.

Also, there 'is' a huge difference between DX10 and DX11.........there's no denying that! Is the difference worth the upgrade, well 'that' is a different question which is based purely on personal opinions.

Solution