Should I replace P8P67-M Pro

akromam90

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2011
I recently purchased a Gigabyte GTX 670, waiting for it's arrival, but I'm just wondering if anyone can point out any big time pros on upgrading my motherboard, the downside of it is it is a micro board which I had overlooked when purchasing but at the time wanted my build. My build in sig, It's just that time of year where I want to revamp my entire system even if it's not need, hah hah.

I pretty much just game and watch movies hooked up to dual monitors or my 50" tv. I would like to SLI the 670 in the near future maybe around the holiday season. I've been browsing around looking at the Z77 series and can't figure out too much to justify $200+ on a new mobo definitely but am open to feedback.

Any thoughts and feedback would be appreciated, thank you for your time!

Unless you are planning on buying an IB proc, which I wouldn't suggest doing since you have a great CPU already. You won't really see any performance boost from upgrading I would suggest a Z68 or P67 that is SLI capable.

The plus side to a Z77 is that if you want to upgrade to IB sometime in the future you can, but you can do that with Z68 as well.

Also, by the time a CPU that would be a legitimate upgrade to yours comes out the Z77 will be old news.

The only real benefit to Z77 or Z68 with an IB would be full bandwidth PCIe 3.0, but the 670 isn't going to completely saturate the PCIe 2.0 lanes, so that isn't necessary at this point.