System Freezing randomly with looping sound

mariusce

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
hi! just finished my new game rig :asrock p67 extreme 4 ,cpu i5 2500k ,hyper 212 plus, 4 g ddr a-data Vitesta Gaming 1600 in dual mode , psu a-data hm750, and Asus video gtx 560 ti cu II all in a thermaltake case .

In games everything works flawlesly but sometimes in windows internet explorer or just plain desktop i got a crash which comes with a chachacha noise in speakers and it goes off only with restart.(could be 1 crash in 2 days or 2 crash (like today) in 30 min)

-im not OC the cpu so its set at default core 3300 or 1600 depending of what it needs and the core temperature are all under 40 degrees.
-the memorys are set on auto(1333) i test'em on 1600 , but nothing changes...
- i reinstalled windows and downloaded all the criticals from win update , put the latest drivers , checked the device manager -no troubleshotings... run prime for 3 hours in blend mode,8 hours in memtest, run 3dmark with no issues 20 times , play like crazy for 6 hours(for a lot of time -all ok) ... but in explorer or desktop same stupid crash!!!
even if i dont use any sound (no winamp no audio at all) if the pc crash that noise "chacachaka" start to kill my ears...
i thought initially, that is my sound card asus xonar dx and i returned it (because of that chakachakca sound) but after 1 day same problem occurs with the onboard sound
the worst part is that the pc is made from parts from diffrent sellers and although i have warranty for each part i didnt know what part is causing me this trouble to ask for a replacement.

its is good to start buying another psu (corsair 650tx v2) ? i mean is at least 50% chance to be psu .?!

mariusce

Distinguished
May 28, 2011
cmon guys any ideea? i switch back my old 7600gt and my system is running fine for 3 days now not a single crash... so my questions is : can a graphic card be damaged only in 2d graphics processing since in 3d my gtx 560 worked flawlessly? there is a 2d stress test to squeeze the bastard and assure that the gpu is the problem?