I've reached a hitch in two areas due to accidental deaths of NPCs. In
the lower tombs a golem is supposed to let me into the vampire lair, but
I must have accidentally killed the controller with an off-screen
fireball. So I am not able to get into the vampire lair. Also, in the
lower sewers the lich must have killed Sassar during our combat, because
I can no longer find him, and I need his info to get the second rod
piece, or more to the point to allow me to converse with Tad to let me
into the lower reaches.... It would seem my only option is to restart
the game. Or is it? Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated. jk

> I've reached a hitch in two areas due to accidental deaths of NPCs. In
> the lower tombs a golem is supposed to let me into the vampire lair, but
> I must have accidentally killed the controller with an off-screen
> fireball. So I am not able to get into the vampire lair. Also, in the
> lower sewers the lich must have killed Sassar during our combat, because
> I can no longer find him, and I need his info to get the second rod
> piece, or more to the point to allow me to converse with Tad to let me
> into the lower reaches.... It would seem my only option is to restart
> the game. Or is it? Any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated. jk

You don't have an older save to go back to?
It's time to change your habbit then!