Sign in with
Your question

Help! I've reformatted my 311 cache SSD and cant get up!

Last response: in Windows 8
January 13, 2013 3:00:40 AM

I am stumped. I am upgrading from a windows 7 install that worked fine but want to try windows 8. I had a working setup that used the intel 311 20gb ssd for srt caching of my 1tb main hdd. However once i upgraded to windows 8(clean install) i began getting problems. The install went smoothly however when i enabled acceleration in irst, after rebooting i would get the message that boot configuration for my pc was missing or contained errors(\boot\bcd 0xc000000f). I thought it was because i had left the ssd plugged in while i installed w8 so i started over with only the 1tb drive plugged in keeping in mind the RAID mode was enabled in the bios as well as the XHD function. After the second install, I installed mobo drivers, and IRST and restrated. However now when i click accelerate I get the error "an unknown error occurred while an operation was in progress. the operation could not be completed" Windows also prompted me to format the 311 drive, which I did and admit was probably a stupid decision. So now I really do not know where to go now. I think the 311 drive was formatted to fat16 before but is now a ntfs drive that shows up in my computer(which never happened before on w7). Could anybody please help this poor soul? my mobo is a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Thanks
January 13, 2013 3:31:37 AM

go back to the drawing board and stick with windows 7
m
l
January 13, 2013 4:11:14 AM

LOL! anyone else?
m
l
!