Looking for new psu, very confused... need help

jaenglish

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Hi, I bought a pc off cyberpower pc a while ago. I have no idea what the case is as it was so long ago, but if someone could tell me what to look for I could find out. My psu doesn't come with any 6-pin connectors, and is 500 watts. On my old card, the HIS 5570, I didn't need to plug anything in to it for it to work. Now, I have the xfx 6870, and it needs 2 6pin connectors. I bought a 600 watt psu:
http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-W0388RU-Power-Supply-ATX12V/dp/B002RWJGHM
But that did not fit in my pc. It seemed to have one large fan on top of it, and my current one has a smaller fan on the side of it. On my psu it says atx 12v, then it says 500w.
Most of the psu's on the market look like the one i bought (mistakenly), with a large fan on top.

My psu has a fan coming out the top left corner of my computer, and does not, or at least I can't find ANY 6pin connectors for my 6850 graaphics card.
What psu can I get that will work with my case and the XFX 6850?

jaenglish

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

I don't think I even have 1 spare, but where would i look?

popatim

Titan
molex might be tied up in the 2nd pic, left side, in the middle. Theres something there I cant quite make out. Check the area of your drives also, sometimes they are tucked there out of the way. Either way they all come from your power supply so you can easily trave all the wires and see where they go. Ideally you want 2 molex'es that are not on the same length of wires that come from the psu.

jaenglish

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011

Thanks so much man, but does it have 2 pci express connectors?