G.SKILL Compatability with AMD mobo system?

Last response: in Memory
Share
May 11, 2012 8:04:55 PM

Hello everyone, I just want to ask if 2 kits of these:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=346

or

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=390

Will be compatible with my mobo

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A97_EVO/...

The thing is, G.SKILL tech support said:

Quote:
From: techsupport <techsupport@gskill.com>
To: Me
Subject: RE: Question on the [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM

Dear Customer,

This memory is design for Intel system, but also compatible with your system.
Also please do not using two kits to reach 8GB, it may cause the incompatible issue! Please note.

Thank you for choosing G.SKILL

Best Regards

Matt Wang
F.A.E
G.SKILL international

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Me
To: techsupport@gskill.com
Subject: Question on the [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM

Hello, I looked at your website and found this.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=351

My motherboard supports a ddr3-1600 configuration, so I assume it can take this RAM.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD_AM3Plus/M5A97_EVO/...

However, as you can see, my mobo is an AMD AM3+ and your website says that your RAM can only work with Intel's Sandy and Ivy bridge platforms. I don't understand why this is. Please help because I'm planning to buy a new setup and I find your RAM the best offer. Thank you!

I replied what about the

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=346

or

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=390

They haven't replied to this in 24 hours so I ask here :)
a c 104 } Memory
May 14, 2012 4:19:59 PM

The first one #346 will probably be best.

The second low voltage kit requires some tweaks and higher voltage, so it may be a little tricky for you to set up.

Thank you
GSKILL SUPPORT

0
a c 107 } Memory
May 23, 2012 2:27:09 AM

gskill rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0
a c 107 } Memory
May 23, 2012 2:28:01 AM

24 gigs of GSKILL in my hp workstation= flawless!!!!!!!!!!!
0